Opening a new business in DR

I heard in PuntaCana there are 5 stare hotels that pay $1,000  pr nite ? is it true and if so how do i get in i heard its very political

jazzsingerny wrote:

I heard in PuntaCana there are 5 stare hotels that pay $1,000  pr nite ? is it true and if so how do i get in i heard its very political

jazzsingerny wrote:
jazzsingerny wrote:

That too!!!!!  Its a bonus!

There are hotels charging much much more then that. Getting IN requires paying the fee. Getting work  - they  pay no better  then anyone else

What if you already have a LLC? Is that except able to start a new business in Dominican Republick ?

good idea. just what we need is Cuban doctors

Joebwan  I don't believe a US LLC can function here.

Bob K

Texasdonkey not sure where the Cuban doctor came from (maybe much earlier in this thread ?)  but Cuban doctors are far better trained that the average doctor here !

Bob K

WE have three businesses here. I think they have SA sociedad anonima  instead of instead .of LLC but don't get me to lying, we don't have one

in your opinion bob.

if I was in cuba and fell ill I would probably die. not so in Rep Dom. There healthcare is horrible unless you are rich and important. They do export many doctors. I know many doctors here that spent years in USA working.  Cuba lies about many things in its healthcare. but its freeeeeeeee

Do I have to incorporate in the DR/

we aren't, we have a machine shop. largest on north coast, print shop and tire store and not incorporated. I will ask my daughter she is attorney here in Puerto plata.  I am pretty sure no

Are you incorperated?

no we are not

To be legal you need to either personally register your business under your cedula or you need to incorporate.  An American LLC could operate here but needs to be registered, easier to incorporate in my opinion.

The planner is correct. I just checked with my daughter and the business needs to be incorporated. i was incorrect, our businesses are, I just did not realize it. I  work mainly in the usa acquiring equipment.. She handles all that boring legal stuff.

And it is boring..... glad you are legal, I somehow thought you would be.....

I think Texas is strange.
It has to be on his business card.
The legal name of his company.
Which is Incorporated.

texas  is fine

Ok glad that is straightened out :D

Bob K

Yeah, me too Bob!
No more rain yesterday or today.

start a new power company with new equipment

We are a married male couple looking to open a B&B in Santo Domingo. We have been reading your post. Can you give us the name of an attorney you would recomend. We are going to be living here with our four children. Since this will be our new home till the day we die. I want to set our business up right the first time.

Others can give there recommendations as well but my one daughter is an attorney. If you PM me I will give out her info. She speaks good English. She is an Honest one to.

actually she is listed here under the directory in the lawyer section

Jayme Minor 804-303-2428

My name is Mike

I am sure Planner will be along with her attorney in Santo Domingo.  Very good and reputable.  His name is Wilson Rood but I don't have his contact info.  So I am sure Planner will have it for you.

Bob K

Thank you

Here you go Wilson Rood ***   He is American/Dominican,  very reputable, I use him personally and in our business here on the south coast. He is fair and reasonably priced.  And one daughter is in real estate and the other runs a services company - market research, marketing, web services, business services etc.  There may be more you can access there as well.

Good luck to you! Keep us posted. AND welcome to the forums!

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, please do not post any contact details on the forum.Use Private messaging

Your probably better off with the Attorney the Planner recommended.

Thank you Will keep you posted

You are very welcome!

Jayme Minor.
She is the most honest and reputable Lawyer I know.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, please do not post any contact details on the forum.Use Private messaging

hi, my name is robert.I been traveling to dr for many years and plan to  move their. i thinking about santiago. I would like open a small fast  food chinese resturant with about 15-20 tables. do you thinking their  is a market and would 50,00dollars get me started?

How many are there in Santiago now?
also welcome to site.

Rob welcome to the fourm.

Before you invest anything you need to do some "boots on the ground" fact finding.  Restaurants open and fail here every day.

Bob K

Bob is correct.
I have one relative born and raised here, she knows many people and she has one successful  restaurant. She has also had 5 failed restaurants since opening the first. I would not jump in until I know exactly how many rolls of toilet paper I would actually need to stock. Do much homework . Last time I opened a real business I spent 2000,00 or so just to research the business.

go look t the successful ones in Santo Domingo. See how they are doing. I do not think there are many in Santiago. So that may be a good thing and it may be bad to. I would make a list of them and then plan a trip to investigate them. One thing is authentic Chinese food most people are not going to eat ajjajajjajaja  My friend In Houston is from Bejing and he has authentic Chinese food and is a success. 95 % is all Chinese customers. Natives don't eat there.  Dominicans are the same.

Well, I go about once a month to Cabaret for their
wonderful Chinese food for the last 6-7 years.
Every time I have been there. there are 30-60 percent
Dominicans.
I think you would do better in Puerto Plata. If you are like
most Chinese Restaurants, it's all family that works there.
Which is great.
You will, however need a tad more than $50.
Good luck!
I am assuming you are Chinese.

if you do not Americanize the food you will only sell to Chinese. everyplace I have eaten here has.. I guess you could do both. Since we are establishing relationships with Thailand maybe that would go. You do not want to sell authentic Chinese.

Of course you would "Americanize" the foor,
I'm sure you used to eat CF down on the Malecon in PP.
Or beside the Courthouse, at 50 percent more.