Opportunities for dentist

Hi all,
I would like to know opportunities for dentists in Ethiopia. Any help regarding this will be deeply appreciated.
Regards
James

drjamesmathew wrote:

Hi all,
I would like to know opportunities for dentists in Ethiopia. Any help regarding this will be deeply appreciated.
Regards
James

Perhaps do a Google search for such positions.

yes In Ethiopia Healtchcare Business has Good Opportunity!!

Dear Dr. Mathew,a dentist from India:  I have lived in Ethiopia for many years. I left in 2014 to care for my ailing (now deceased) mother in New York. I return shortly. A tooth ache, an abcess, or broken cap or bridge can put a forenji into a tizzy in Ethiopia because of the severe shortage of truly qualified and trained dentists. Where do we go for modern dental care?  Little choice in Ethiopia. In Ethiopia, the sophistication of modern dentistry in new, It's developing, but has a long way to go.  Comments/Suggestions: 1.  Contact the U.S. Embassy (and other foreni embassies) and share your DDS/DMD credentials and a current resume with them. If you have any letters from dentists (not previous customer-patient tesimonials which are often bogus) who can speak to your clinical expertise, include their letters with their email addresses and telephone numbers in India. Ask the Embassy to put you on the list of "Recommended Physicians and Dentists" of the Embassy. (Please know, however, that I have gone to three of these listed dentists and their lack of clinical expertise frightened me as they seemed incompetent. I left quickly. )   2.  Contact the dental association of Ethiopia and see who is in the group. Join them for networking. 3.  You are wise to join a dental practice and share space, equipment, and assistants. But choose the best dentist in town. 4.  Advertise your practice in the two Addis newspapers. I like the HERALD. Advertising is expensive, but the forenjis read it regularly and are willing to pay top dollar for --excellent-- dental care, it's worth it.  5.  Recognize that word-of-mouth can create or even destroy a dental or medical  practice. Do your best work and make sure that every patient leaves satisfied with your care. 6. HIV/AIDS Alert. Use gloves and protective gear and assure the patients that all instruments are properly sterilized as HIV inflection and other nasty infection can be spread in dental procedures. 7.  Liberally use anesthetics (injections) for those procedures that cause pain. Import the dental medicines if necessary. 8. Bone up on your restorative dentistry as Etihopian dentists love to just pull teeth because it is easy and fast. But what about saving teeth? Can you do root canals? Can you make bridges? How about dental implants? Come educationally and clincially prepared to do high class dentistry and you will have a niche in Addis.  If you do good dental care, people from all over Ethiopia will come to you as patients. You will be very busy.  Good luck. Tom

Hi sir
Thanks for sharing knowledgeable experience.
I currently live in ethiopia & work here.
My brother is also a dentist in india with 5 years experience. Does he has to get any license to work here.
Also if you can provide contacts here which i can talk to to start his shared practice here.
I shall be very obliged 2 u.

Thank u
Manish k sharm

Tom graciously  told you everything you need. Just roll with it.