Moving in Maldives

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to move in Maldives with my boyfriend. I'm from Philippines and he is from Denmark. We both live now in Denmark as I am working here. We have plenty of questions about moving in Maldives in terms of accommodation. Here are some:

1. What is the best way to find an accommodation? Is it possible via internet? Is it safe?
2. How much is the normal rent for 2 persons apartment?

We would like to start with accommodation stuffs. And would really appreciate any advice from expats who are currently living in there.

We appreciate your response and thank you in advance! Cheers!

Regards,

HC

Hi! It is safe to look for accommodation via internet! Maldivians are extremely nice and kind people, and do not hesitate to contact them for some advice's as well! I am foreigner living here for the last 3 years, and I never had any bad experience, but like everywhere in the world, not all  people are perfect  :top: Price depends about the place you will be staying at.If I can help you with any additional info, be free to contact me  :) Cheers!

Thanks for reply mya17! :-) If we are considering to live in the city (MALE) normally, how much the rent will costs? If furnished? And should I just type in google "Apartment for rent in Maldives" or there is good websites?

I tried to search those 2 questions but haven't got any luck. I really appreciate your response :-) Thank you!

Regards,

HC

http://www.ibay.com.mv/housing-real-estate-b19.html

for accommodation, hope it helps. Good Luck.

Thank you :-)

Hi,
My husband and I will move to Male at the end of October this year, for the full year.

We need a place to stay with good internet access.

I tried ibay, but not a lot of information posted on the ad, so I'm a bit hesitant.

Anybody knows any place available? Or tips on how to find accommodation in Male?

Thank you so much.
Ufara

Hello,
I actually want to work with already existing agency as a freelance agent for any company.
The idea is such a work status will enable me to enter Maldives to explore areas I can later settle for in future.
Do you have any information that can help me.
Thanks.
Olawale

Hello,
We live in hithadhoo for 5 month's. We find our house at airbnb.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Off-topic. Please drop an advert in the jobs section if you are proposing job.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct