Leaving England to live in Bulgaria.

Hello everyone! I set up a company and bought a small house in a village a short distance from Vidin back in 2009! It had been my intent to take my Mum and move to Bulgaria. However, shortly after buying the house I was involved in a near fatal car smash here in England. I was rammed in the drivers door by a drunk driver at a cross roads, he was doing in excess of 40 kmph. This left me with brain damage and it took me three years to recover. Then my dear Mum was diagnosed as terminal with ALS, so I nursed her for two years and she passed over to spirit in January 2014. I had then had enough of things going wrong and decided to follow through with the plans Mum and I had made on my own and complete the move to my little house in Bulgaria.

However I am here reaching out for help as to what hoops I must jump through in order to satisfy any laws regarding my move from England and becoming an expat. I am an English citizen and as such I understand I am also classed as a citizen of the EU, of which Bulgaria is now a member. However I have no idea whether this has a positive effect upon any move I make to live in Bulgaria for the rest of my life. I am a multi talented/skilled person who can turn my hands to most things and also have been a healer for over 40 years.

I would welcome any and all input regarding what I need to get done, paperwork wise, prior to moving or beginning to get my belongings over to my house! Thank you one and all...

Hello

Wow! what a journey you have been on, but yet, still focused and intent to be in Bulgaria.

I would be very interested to know more about the healing you do and if this is part of your business.

Bulgaria is not a country I had ever explored visiting, but as it happens whilst looking for garden furniture a house for sale in Bulgaria popped up and hey presto, I'm sure you will understand, I'm visiting in June. I too have explored the healing/ complementary side to life.

Would love to share more, if you would be as kind to private message me, or maybe I could skype you?

Blessings
Shinina

Hi,

Here's most of the information you'll need:

http://www.mfa.bg/en/pages/109/index.html

other useful tips will come from experience of other expats

Thank you for links etc, I have no choice but absorb any and all help! Nameste