My Dream Home Visa Program

I happened to see many people are interested to live in Sri Lanka.
They find opportunities to stay here permanent.
If you are over 55 years old the best way to get a pension visa.
Without any difficulties you can apply it from the immigration and Emigration of the government of Sri Lanka.
This is a kind of visa you will be given for 2 years and renewable up to any.
You will have to remit US$15000 as a fixed deposit in any Sri Lankan bank AND you have to prove that you get a monthly remittance of US$ 1500 for the principle applicant and US$ 750 for each spouse and dependent child.
Here you can bring your children below 18 years of age.
Please get more details here
http://www.immigration.gov.lk/web/index … 82&lang=en

Thank you Mal for posting this. I knew there was a similar scheme for Malaysia but did not know about Sri Lanka.  :one

The Malaysia programme is called "Malaysia, My 2nd Home".

Since we in Sri Lanka like to dream, we called our programme "Dream Home"  :D

Farhaz wrote:

The Malaysia programme is called "Malaysia, My 2nd Home".

Since we in Sri Lanka like to dream, we called our programme "Dream Home"  :D

:top:

I think i may plan for it................seriously good offer and even India is nearby...........

aryavrat wrote:

I think i may plan for it................seriously good offer and even India is nearby...........

Yes sure but you have to wait until you become 55 of age or you will have to marry a girl over 55 :D

Is there a minimum age? That will make it less attractive, in my opinion. Besides, the country should also attract younger people who have a few more years of working life left if they are to contribute towards the economic development of the country.

I don't mind giving Anil 10 or 15 years absolutely free of charge,
provided that I can be the same number of years younger.
Is that a good deal?  :)

Farhaz wrote:

Is there a minimum age? That will make it less attractive, in my opinion. Besides, the country should also attract younger people who have a few more years of working life left if they are to contribute towards the economic development of the country.

I think "Dream Home" is a retirement plan.
In any case "Dreaming at  Home" is more for the old folks. :)

Indeed it is. It is a retirement plan. Also resembles an extended holiday plan. Link below:

Whilst this is a good thing and one that would benefit certain aspects of the economy, I would have liked to see the country attract people with entrepreneurial abilities and/or professionals who would be able to contribute to the country's economic development. I suppose this is a start. :)

I see on the same site there are limited provisions for non-Sri Lankan individuals to obtain residence permission.

"Residence Visa 
A Residence Visa is a permit for a non-Sri Lankan to obtain residence facilities for special purposes.  It is issued to persons of non-Sri Lankan nationality to whom it has been decided to extend residence facilities for the purpose of investment or otherwise, in circumstances where the prescribed authority is satisfied that their stay in Sri Lanka and the pursuit of their vocations are not prejudicial to the best interests of the population."
Residence Visa

Thanks for this. So there are certain visa categories for what I was thinking about.

I have been away from Sri Lanka for too long. I must familiarize myself with my country a bit more  :shy

Farhaz wrote:

Thanks for this. So there are certain visa categories for what I was thinking about.

I have been away from Sri Lanka for too long. I must familiarize myself with my country a bit more  :shy

Yes you should! Dont wait until become 55! ;)

Farhaz wrote:

This is a retirement visa program!

El_Jost wrote:

Absolutely no problem for me .......if i would be able take 15 years from you.....

aryavrat wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Absolutely no problem for me .......if i would be able take 15 years from you.....

OK I will give you 15 years from my age willingly. anyway I am happy that most of experts are now interested in Sri Lanka!! :)

mal wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

Yes you should! Dont wait until become 55! ;)

By that time, I maybe able to get a "dream home" visa and return :)

Farhaz wrote:

By that time, I maybe able to get a "dream home" visa and return :)

Good idea! You'll be able to live in a nice area reserved for expats.  ;)

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

OK I will give you 15 years from my age willingly. anyway I am happy that most of experts are now interested in Sri Lanka!! :)

I think Sri Lanka don't have any experts so we are planning to become even Sri Lanka Expert too............ :D

aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

I think Sri Lanka don't have any experts so we are planning to become even Sri Lanka Expert too............ :D

You are most welcome!!! Farhas is already even he is living in another country his roots are here!

mal wrote:

Farhaz is already even he is living in another country his roots are here!

My roots are firmly in Sri Lanka. Its the place I want to be buried in when I die.

Farhaz wrote:
mal wrote:

My roots are firmly in Sri Lanka. Its the place I want to be buried in when I die.

Please remember death is an  :offtopic: This is a forum for retirement! -OP-

mal wrote:
Farhaz wrote:
mal wrote:

Please remember death is an  :offtopic: This is a forum for retirement! -OP-

Hahahahaha................. :lol:

Farhaz wrote:
mal wrote:

As OP has already mentioned that death is off topic so i will not say anything...............

aryavrat wrote:
Farhaz wrote:
mal wrote:

As OP has already mentioned that death is off topic so i will not say anything...............

Thanks but you can give your ideas about retirement in Sri Lanka. Have you studied the benefits to live in Sri Lanka?

Regarding old folks. In the Swiss tv news I have just heard that here with a total population of 8,000,000 plus there are now 1,500 people over 100 years old.
How is that in Sri Lanka? Are there any data for your country?

El_Jost wrote:

Regarding old folks. In the Swiss tv news I have just heard that here with a total population of 8,000,000 plus there are now 1,500 people over 100 years old.
How is that in Sri Lanka? Are there any data for your country?

I can give you statistics only about Life expectancy at birth: (2013)
male: 72 years
female: 79 years

BTW Of the 1500 over 100 yrs. 1200 were women.
Schweizer Bevölkerung wächst weiter

El_Jost wrote:

Thanks but who are going to teach me French, El?? :(

It is German, mal.

Farhaz wrote:

It is German, mal.

Now you know some one needs teach me Spanish, you see!!! :(

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

Thanks but you can give your ideas about retirement in Sri Lanka. Have you studied the benefits to live in Sri Lanka?

Why to worry about retirement benefits..........when you are there.......you will take care.......... :lol:

mal wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Thanks but who are going to teach me French, El?? :(

I will teach you french...........

mal wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

It is German, mal.

I will teach you french portuguese and hindi and in return you will teach me singhalese and spanish..........

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

It is German, mal.

I will teach you french portuguese and hindi and in return you will teach me singhalese and spanish..........

Regards,
Anil

Ohh thats good!!! It is more advisable to learn bit of the language of the country before you do traveling. Then you can get more advantages like you will be able to farmers in village, workers in tea estates, small school children in remote areas... and to me too!

First get me the information for an Indian it is necessary to take a visa then travel or visa on arrival in Sri Lanka...........then i will start learning Singhalese............. :)

In Russia we don't have pensions high enough, what if instead of pension of 1500 dollars we have permanent income from letting apartmants or per cent from bank accounts monthly? Where can I find more info about dream home visa plan? Is there an official I could contact to get more info about the pension plan?

This is it as I said in the 1st posting of my thread

larinaea wrote:

In Russia we don't have pensions high enough, what if instead of pension of 1500 dollars we have permanent income from letting apartmants or per cent from bank accounts monthly? Where can I find more info about dream home visa plan? Is there an official I could contact to get more info about the pension plan?

Looking at your avatar photo you don't look to be over 55 yrs. old (a requirement for the dream home visa program).
PS. That said, from my photo you may not guess that I will be 71 next month.  :D