Comfortable to shift uganda with 300$ salary

Hi everyone,

i got job in Uganda. All facility is provided by company(traveling/housing/food). and offer me 300$ per month. is it safe n comfortable to shit there with that much of salary.

Plz give me suggestion, matter is urgent.

comfortable to shift uganda with 300$ salary

Hi everyone,

i got job in Uganda. All facility is provided by company(traveling/housing/food). and offer me 300$ per month. is it safe n comfortable to shit there with that much of salary.

Plz give me suggestion, matter is urgent.

Hello omirsuya,

No need to do a copy/ paste of your post here. Just be a little bit patient. ;)

For a good start, i think that you might be interested by this topic : Cost of living in Uganda – 2015. You will know more about the cost of living and you can deduce whether 300$ is enough as salary or not.

Will you move alone to Kampala?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

thanks for replay,

n ya im alone to move there.

What job is that coz you first have to know who you are dealing with here!

I am a local and resident in Kampala, from a personal perspective I think $300 isn't worth your move here...period

job designation is design engineer,   regarding to electrical control panel.  n company background is telecommunication.
plz suggest me.

company offer me accommodation + all trvaling + food + 500 $
is it ok ...?

omisurya wrote:

company offer me accommodation + all trvaling + food + 500 $
is it ok ...?

Do you get full medical insurance from the company.
Do you get annual flights home paid for by the company.
Do you get holiday pay. 
Does company supply travel to and from work.

Does company pay for electricity, water, phone etc in the accommodation.

only medical insurance not provided by company.
all other things are provided by company.

And have you verified their website? Have you found out their registration? Did you do a search online for them?

ya ..
i know that company very well.
because i was work with this company from last 1 year in India.

Well, you have taken your precautions. I am concerned that there is no health insurance, however.

As for the salary being sufficient, I cannot advise you. Perhaps some more locals would come on the forum and say what they think is appropriate.