If you have any advice?

Hi all,
I'm a 26 year old student from Germany and I have the opportunity for an internship in Bangalore. I'm very interested but I have one - for me - very important question: I have a boyfriend, we are very close and I already miss him when I just think about my time abroad. And he really wants to travel to Bangalore for a few weeks to visit me and we - as naive westerners - thought that it won't be a problem to rent a small apartment together. Since I read that there can be serious trouble with a live-in unmarried couple, I wanted to ask you, if you have any advice? We don't need much, a studio apartment or just a bed- and bathroom would be great..
Thanks for your help!
Leylia

Hello Leylia,

I created a thread from your post in the India forum to grant your query a better visibility.

Thank you,
Gavind.
Expat.com Team

Hi ,
your question andf worry are ok because it is a conservative society in India .But Bangalore is really cosmopolitan and if you choose the apartment rightly in a place where lot of software /professional people live ,then it would not ber a problem .They wpuld guard a nd respect your privacy .

Your boyfriend should obtain a tourist visa for this ,so when he visits you and if at all someone takes objection then it can be explained that he is a visitor
Best luck for your trip

What period u both staying and where u would like stay in Bangalore ..if not more than moth u can choose paying guest options cheap and comfort

There should not be any problems if you rent a studio apartment and invite your relatives/friends to visit you and stay with you for short periods. Just inform landlord while renting out the premises.

hi
Bangalore city is ok , you can stay together.
there should not be any issue ,

Now a days its getting common in most of the cities as Living together.
So wont be a big problem..