Zomba - is there an expat community? What to do in Malawi?

Hi
I am thinking about moving to Zomba from the UK- I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what Zomba is like/ what there is to do there/ is there much of an expat community etc
Many thanks
Jo

Hi there.  We have been living in Zomba for almost 7 years now.  Leaving again though early 2016, maybe earlier. Life in Zomba.....I think one either hates it or loves it.  there is not a lot to do in Zomba itself once you have been up to Zomba Plateau numerous times, been to the very few good restaurants in Zomba also numerous times......hiked, ridden horses on the plateau numerous times.....after that one looks for things to do further afield...like Liwonde National Park (my favourite place to be) or a few hours drive to the lake (another firm favourite) or head further south to Blantyre (where you will have to go anyway to do all your grocery shopping) and south of Blantyre are awesome game parks and if you like mountain climbing there is Mulanje. There is an international primary school in Zomba where there are quite a few expats working.  But a limited expat community in Zomba itself.  When do you plan to move here? You are welcome to email me with any other questions you may have. [email protected]

Leanne