Is it a dating site?

In many threads I have seen people are warned that EB is not a dating site. But yesterday I came to know that there are some fields you can find a date
Ex.
https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/as … women.html
So I am confused whether this is also a dating site or that field is to find 'just friends'?

@mal

EB does have the section you mentioned in the classified section of the forum.
There the posts can be easily checked and monitored by the admin team to ensure they are in line with the terms and conditions of the forum.

The postings that appear on the open forum here are just a few out of thousands of daily posts and as such are very hard to find and administer.

As I see it, the section you refer to is not a dating site as such but an area where friends of the opposite sex can be made and could end up as a long term relationship

There are terms and conditions of being a member of this forum which everyone should read before joining.

Hi again mal,

How are you doing?

Yes, you're right we do have a part of our CLASSIFIEDS section for relationships and Stumpy described quite well why we do.

One thing that I would point out is the reason it is there. Apart from being much easier to monitor as Stumpy points out it is less INTRUSIVE for all of our members. You do not get forced to read those postings if you don't want to. Sadly, until they're caught by moderators and removed, or you report them the same cannot be said for forum postings and unsolicited private messages. You do see them until they're removed and the appropriate action is taken to prevent that individual from repeating the violation, which is what the real problem is.

The ability to place an ad seeking a relationship is not the problem and that is why it is allowed here, provided that it meets cetain rigid criteria. The problem is being bombarded in the forum or your private mailbox by intrusive, unsolicited and often offensive messages. That will ALWAYS be a serious violation of our rules and result in serious consequences for offenders.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

No this is not a Dating Side.

Dating sites are oftem scammer sites so people use blogs, couchsurfing, tinder, [The site for expats that cannot be named or I get moderated/banned] even Linkedin.

Tinder is a hookup site anyway, but a young female (23 Vietnamese) CS friend showed me 30 emails of "hi sexy" kind and even on Linkedin one friend had a marriage proposal from a stranger (she indian so was he)! Linkedin is used to date as well. Almost any site women get hit on. Fact of life but as long as the "hi sexy what colour is your underwear" types get banned it kind of works ok. And i don't get why so many men ask pervy questions online.

I would never use a blog to meet women and certainly never did it on a now dead Malaysian site years ago. Scouts honour  :whistle:

And i don't get why so many men ask pervy questions online.

I've never worked that one out either.
I have an obviously fake long term relationship with a lady on another forum, but that's so 'plastic' and  crazy no one actually believes there's anything more than two forum persona messing around.
That's just fun on a fun forum, all without the slightest intention of anything nasty.

However, there are evil types around, some obvious (Such as the pervert asking for oral sex with ladies yesterday), and some not so obvious.
I got one a while ago - a man posing as a woman, asking to meet ladies for a girls' night out.

Watch out for posters that give out their contact details in many or most of their posts, it's a warning sign of trouble ahead.

My theory is that it must work sometimes for guys to continue doing it. Like spam the hit rate is prob very low but if you go to a nightclub in the UK and say to every girl "fancy a shag" you will get told to f off/slapped 9 times. And lucky the tenth. Maybe someones PhD on the psychology of online pervs is needed to research this new age of male member pictures and "what colour is your underwear" chat up lines..

Nemodot, I must object to the inaccurate information in your post; I used to get slapped far more often than that.

More seriously, I'm unsure these guys have any success at all, just a hope in their minds.
If anything, they'll probably attract prostitutes, very likely their intended target.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR