Electricity issues. power voltage stabilizer for home appliances.

hi all,

is there any solution to protect my electrical appliances from voltage fluctuations? in my city the power fluctuation is frequent, and i am running a risk of damaging my electronic and electrical equipment's   i searched a lot for voltage stabilizer for refrigerator , washing machine , television. but i couldn't find anywhere.  all the stores are showing me UPS for Computer. all  i need is just "voltage stabilizer", not with a battery power backup.    is there any specific name for this equipment here in Brasil ? 

thanks in advance, cheers.

What you are looking for is a "transformador/conversor" if you're looking to transform 220v to 117v or 117v to 220v. I do not believe however that they have any function as a power 'stabliizer', just convert voltage.

They are usually available at construction material stores, or at stores that sell pumps, power tools and other electrical equipment. You will need to check with them if they do anything at all to stablize fluctuations in current flow.

For your computer any computer store or department store will sell a current stabilizer "estabilizador". You're not looking for a No-Break which supplies back-up power to the PC when the electricity goes out, so they're relatively inexpensive (somewhere in the range of R$50 and up).

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks James. But I am looking for just stabilizer . neither voltage convertor nor no break. A Stabiliser that protect electrical appliances from voltage fluctuations.. High voltage low voltage stabiliser. Don't know if  its available in brasil . But in India its available everywhere . and it does protect well. Anyway I am still searching hopefully. Thanks cheers .

Good luck, I've never heard of anything other than the stabilizers used for computers (not the no-break kind) but they're no good for anything over 2.61 Amps

Could be you are looking for a "filtro de linha"
If you can read portuguese, this might help:
forum.clubedohardware.com.br/topic/661877-como-proteger-equipamentos-eletrônicos-de-descargas-elétricas/

Tam

Yes :one  this is what I was looking for. Thanks .
Cheers :top:

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks for the post and advice!!!