Finding pet sitters (for cats or dogs) and cleaners in Spain

I tried local ads in supermarkets and shops to find local pet sitters and cleaners for my home in Spain. No dice.
Then I tried some online sites.
The best response (with quite a lot of candidates and some actually qualified) and at good rates, I found via Domestiko. It is a free site.

Not sure why it gave a much better response than the others I tried (like costly FamiliaFacil).

Maybe others have more sites to recommend?

Trying to find people  to hire through the local grapevine was too hard here because this is sort of a sleepy seasonal little town where Spaniards only come in summer and few foreigners are here year round like me.

It turned out that many of the few remaining locals are actually online and saw my ad.

Peter

Hi

I have just registered with Trusted House Sitters to look for someone to pet/house sit later this year when I am on holiday in the UK.  They are an international organisation and register sitters as well as listing ads for people looking for sitters.  Because I live off grid with solar panels and batteries I need an electrician or someone with experience of solar power, (just in case), but after putting in the date and type of sitting I required, I got about 5000 listings.  So I don't think I should have too much problem finding the right people.  The registration covers insurance (not sure what level yet) and all the sitters have to be police checked.  Also they all have references, at least the ones I have looked at so far.  Not sure about new sitters. So I am fairly confident of getting a good service.  And you get the option of paying for professional house sitters or not paying.  I was amazed how many people are happy to house/pet sit for nothing.  They just want to experience different parts of the world, and are happy to do it in exchange for accommodation and caring for pets.  It costs approx. 32 euros for a one off months subscription or 83 euros for a years subscription.  I have gone for the month, but if it goes well will most likely go for the year next time I need a house sitter.  Sorry cant help with cleaners.  I do my own:-(

I'm available in Barcelona for pet sitting services :)

My company and website name is DOGSBODY and we welcome dogs to stay in our home when you are travelling for a long period or just overnight if you are off for an evening celebration.  We are located in the campo just outside El Perello near Ampolla and L'Ametlla de Mar in Tarragona province.  Your pet will stay with our four - a shitsu, 2 chihuahuas and a mini yorkie - and will live as they do;  in the house and the large walled garden.   There are four cats in residence and all 8 animals are used to small and large dogs as we have been having visiting dogs for the past 15 years.  Your call would be welcome - my number is on my website - and I have references if you wish to see them.   We are in residence over all the main holidays and during the summer.

I found my cat sitter here in Galicia, who just lives 1 km from me, via www.domestiko.com.
Got flooded there with candidates after posting my query (in Spanish of course).
She is already doing her third cat sitting now at 6 euro a visit twice a day, which is a rate I set after interviewing others. She would probably have done it for less.
Make sure to find someone who actually owns cats (or dogs if you seek a dog sitter).
Also tried calling vets before I found my cat sitter, but they sounded all astonished I would even ask them. One came with a candidate, but she was more a pretty girl than a pet lover, so no dice.All is well now though.

Hi guys n girls,

For all of you who have found services/are offering services for pets, perhaps you could post your Ads/finds in the CLASSIFIEDS section so that other people can benefit from it too? That would be great!

Enjoy the day
Z

This site does not even have a section on Galicia, where many expats live. Lets wait for that first.