I need help, possibly urgent! Cabarette / Sousa

My sister went from Colorado to the DR on May 4th.  She was meeting her husband a Hatian citizen at Puerta Plata airport.  Their plan was to stay in Cabarette / Sousa area for several months.  I received a text from her on the 5th stating they had met and found a two bedroom apartment between Cabarette and Sousa.  Described as being about three years old, two miles off the main highway, as part of a Triplex.  I have not heard from her since.  She does not respond to text messages, email or telephone calls.  The phone goes straight to voicemail.  I know some would say three days isn't long but in our family it is.
If the description of the triplex sounds familiar would  it be possible to send police there to check on her safety?
Her name is Beth Chapman Noncent, she is 65 years old.  She has her dog with her a long haired Shepard mix.  Her husband is a black man, Moclare   Noncent.  My sister is hard to overlook.  She is very white :), heavy-set, Gray hair.  She has mobility issues and uses either a cane or walker. 
She had been corresponding with a property manager name Stephane Gerand. (Sp?)
Any assistance or ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

J. HALL

Greetings J.Hall. This situation sounds a bit worrisome. The best place to start looking if you think something might have gone wrong would be the local hospitals in Cabarete or Sosua.  How well do you guys know her husband, has he ever been in contact with you guys back in Denver? Are there any American expats down there who she knows that you could possibly contact? Do you guys know where her husband is employed or any other place where you could possibly contact him? How old is this guy? How long of a relationship did they have, and most important of all how old is her husband? The reason I'm asking is.......depending on your answers, that would tell me if you sister was duped by a Sanky, or perhaps she might have just gotten ill and is in a local hospital somewhere.  I would call the American Embassy in DR and see if they can provide more help. They will probably have the numbers to the local hospitals and private clinics in the area. Here is the number to the Embassy 809-567-7775 Good luck and I hope all turns out well.  :(

Jh1002 Welcome and I wish your joining the forum was for different reasons.  Massagewiz has some good advice on the Embassy and Hospital.  The Local hospital that is actually in Sosua is CMC and the phone number is 809-571-4696.

You might also want post this on the www.dr1.com forum under the north coast section of the message forums http://dr1.com/forums/north-coast/ there are lots of local expats on this forum.

One other place to contact is the North Coast Crime stopper group and Leon Atler at https://www.facebook.com/leon.alter?fref=nf  His group recently located a missing Canadian after 5 days of extensive searching.

I do hope all this helps and it turns out well.  Please do keep us posted and let us know if there is anything else  you  need.  Do you have a picture of her that can be posted or a picture of him or their house?

Bob K

I  agree with Bob, welcome to the group and we wish it was for different reasons.

There is not a lot to go on here, but  contact the groups suggested above.  You can try contacting the police but that is not likely to help you much and they will want money.

Call the clinics,  American Embassy etc and see if that helps.  Please keep us posted and anyone in the area who can think of anything else, please post.

Since we have not heard from you all day and you have not posted on either of the two areas I suggested above I assume you have found her and all is well in paradise.

Bob K

Thank you all.  No, I have still had no contact.  I have started using your advice and contacted Leon Alter.  I will call the Embassy tomorrow.  I did contact the hospital you noted, negative.  I also received an email back from the property manager, he stated he did not find that apart m ent nor has he been contacted by ny sister.
My sister's husband is 50, they have been married for over teen years.  They did reside in Colorado at the start of they marriage but was deported.  I don't know how well I know him, how well do you know anybody?  He does not have a job, it was their intent to file for residency.  My sister is not a woman of wealth, in fact she is on disability.  But I suppose by Hatians standards that is alot.
Thank you all dough for your replays, it is comforting to know folks to care about others.  My sister is my only family.  My husband died four years age and I have no children.  I will continue my efforts.

Wow.  What did Leon have to say. 

Do post on the www.dr1.com board in the link I gave  you above.

Good luck.  Any info on their "house" certainly will help

Bob K

I messaged him everything I know.  Haven't heard back yet.

Please keep us posted and we will do what we can from here.....

Hope she contacts you soon JH. If you can send that search group that Bob mentioned in the earlier post a photo of both of them, there is a good possibility they could post something on Face Book or even the local spots where expats hang out.  This is a local tv program that is normally watched by Dominicans Mon-Fri from 7 to 9pm. This is where I first saw the story of the missing Canadian, perhaps they can get the host Fabio Garcia to put a story on his site or on his local show in Sosua. 

http://detrasdelrumor.com.do

Best of luck
The DR1.com forum, might allow you to post a link to a photo of the couple as well.

Well, good news, my sister surfaced last night.  I received a text and I called her.

Thank you all for your generosity of time and compassion!

Thank the Lord! I'm so happy to hear this one ended well, usually when expats go missing in D.R. It rarely ends well :( .......what took her so long to keep in touch. My suggestion to her while living there is to make some friends in order to have a third person you can contact or in turn have them contact you if necessary   :) Happy to read some good news today. Keep us posted or better yet, have her join the blog which would be of a big help to her and us by sharing her experiences :top:  glad we were able to help

That makes for a good news day :D:D:D

She should have some sort of contact network set up here if she is going to be living here.

Bob K

Great news,  thanks for letting us know!  Please let her know about the forum, that way she can read and learn and get in touch with us as needed.