Is it easy to make friends in Lebanon?

It was very easy but people in lebanon changed a lot so it is nt easy to make a real friend

its easy for adult male to make friends in lebanon
you just need to be social and friendly
maybe there is some people are so Discreet and not easy to get they trust

Even if u r sociable ....the real friend doesn't mean to meet people only and talk with ...is to have real friend ,honest,to find them whenever u need them...so people in lebanon r not the kind anymore....

Real freind always exist you just need to look better
There is always good people around @maymakhoul i guess you'r good person but sometimes we expect the good person have to be just like me or you or who ever but we have to accept them as they are

It is the easiest thing in Lebanon. We love to meet new people and exchange cultures and we will drag you for a meal at our place. Good luck :)

From my experience, I am Belgium, lived most of my life in Europe, and 10 years between the USA and Canada, also worked in many countries, visited too many countries, people in Lebanon are the most friendly people on earth, for that just look around how many strangers live here. Just maybe being friendly doesn't mean that from ourselves we expect too much from the others and don't do anything from our part. Let us start first of a self critics.

Blue Sky 01 wrote:

Not if you're black.

Not easy if you're black, yes. However with the younger generations they are not racist, and there are lots of mixed races African Lebanese people who I know who have lots of friends and have no problems

420weblazeit wrote:

Not easy if you're black, yes. However with the younger generations they are not racist, and there are lots of mixed races African Lebanese people who I know who have lots of friends and have no problems

I believe the majority are racist, and that is so-called friendship you speak of. Don't believe me? Listen to the first insult they would very likely come out with in the event of a dispute with their black 'friend' - "monkey", "nigger", "abd" (slave) etc. Racism is unlikely to be erased within a generation. It will take a very long time due to the legacy of the slave trade. The younger generation might be more prepared to talk to coloured people, and tolerate them better than their parents, but it isn't genuine.

In all countries the matter of racism exists and it is not a good matter. But let us examine   what really happens in the real life. Most Africans work in Lebanon, sometimes they have problems, but just go live in Belgium, not being black, but white a little darker than natives and try to find a job.......  A stranger that don't speak the country language, try to find a job......  How many they don't even speak Lebanese language and work in Lebanon?  How many Lebanese were killed in Africa, specially in, Nigeria by natives there?  And the list is too long....  Blacks where re I live in Lebanon all of them works and most of them for so many years . I am saying all this not to revive racism issue, but don't take exceptions like general matters. At least in Lebanon, despite the economic crisis, black people works in the country, and in the opposite of Africa, no one was killed or kidnapped or  or  in comparison to what happens to Lebanese there  .

Tonijo, Lebanese people got killed in Africa? How? What for?

Mostly kidnapping, mostly for money

Tonijo wrote:

In all countries the matter of racism exists and it is not a good matter. But let us examine   what really happens in the real life. Most Africans work in Lebanon, sometimes they have problems, but just go live in Belgium, not being black, but white a little darker than natives and try to find a job.......  A stranger that don't speak the country language, try to find a job......  How many they don't even speak Lebanese language and work in Lebanon?  How many Lebanese were killed in Africa, specially in, Nigeria by natives there?  And the list is too long....  Blacks where re I live in Lebanon all of them works and most of them for so many years . I am saying all this not to revive racism issue, but don't take exceptions like general matters. At least in Lebanon, despite the economic crisis, black people works in the country, and in the opposite of Africa, no one was killed or kidnapped or  or  in comparison to what happens to Lebanese there  .

What kind of jobs are they doing in Lebanon though? I'm sure you will find Lebanese are finding far better opportunities in Africa, than Africans in Lebanon. Compare their situation...I don't think the Lebanese in Africa are doing the kind of work done by Africans in Lebanon! And treated like slaves... :)