Relocation

Hi everyone, Croatia is a wonderful place for young families until kids start school, for couples who don't have kids or whose kids have fled the nest or retired people. School curriculum is still quite backwards compared to UK. We went to live there, had kids and now after 10 years came back to UK just because we could not get on with the Croatian schooling system in general. Saying that but as soon as our kids finish their schooling we are planning to go back. It is such a wonderful country absolutely packed with amazing places and abundance of unspoiled beauty.
When it comes to opening a business or buying a place, I would highly recommend to higher a solicitor to act in your behalf.
YOU DO NOT WANT to just plomp yourself somewhere and buy straight away. Explore the desired area, get to know people ( who can give you much needed insight of the area, do's and don'ts). Croats can be a bit funny with foreigners and newcomers mainly due to jealousy of invading their place. getting to know them first and befriending few is a must!
I am happy to help anyone with serious intentions of moving to Croatia, do feel free to contact me( btw. Not a lawyer but have been through o so much over there ☺️) for any questions! Regards

I am definitely interested in relocating, but not sure where to begin. I would take your up on your offer to help, thanks!

Hi I.K.Reid and akane66,

Welcome to the Forum,

I created a new topic as from your posts on the Croatia Forum as it can be an interesting subject to talk and keep it up to date :)

Thank you

Maximilien