One way car rentals from Nuevo Laredo to San Miguel de Allende

Does anyone know of a car rental company that will do a one-way rental from Nuevo Laredo to San Miguel de Allende?  We have three small dogs so cannot take the bus.  We have found several companies that will transport us for quite an expense, but I was just wondering if a car rental was an option?

Next to impossible, I would think. Why don't you just drive your own car?

We are moving there and have our permanente visas, thus cannot drive a US plated car.

That does make it difficult. Can you take a friend who can drive the car back? Can the doggies be air freighted to meet you?
Just thinking of all the alternatives
Personally, I have driven many thousands of miles in Mexico in past years but would be hesitant to do so right now. But living in Texas I have the bus option now.

Did you find out anything further with the car rental and one way trips?  I am scouting out Puebla and SMA and need to use a rental car. I have a service dog and am worried that he will be considered as a pet, and denied entry into services.  As such I am doing an exploratory trip, but cannot decide on SMA or Puebla.  I wanted to rent a car and do not plan on doing a circuit trip. So I will either land in Puebla and work my way back to SMA, or vice versa.  Can you advise on anything pertaining to your travels, or acceptability of your dogs?  Thank you!

cmservin wrote:

Does anyone know of a car rental company that will do a one-way rental from Nuevo Laredo to San Miguel de Allende?  We have three small dogs so cannot take the bus.  We have found several companies that will transport us for quite an expense, but I was just wondering if a car rental was an option?

1St class bus companies allow dogs and cats in the cargo compartment for free. The Volvo and Mercedes luxury busses´ cargo compartments are air conditioned. They need to be in approved carriers.

yoyobean17 wrote:

Did you find out anything further with the car rental and one way trips?  I am scouting out Puebla and SMA and need to use a rental car. I have a service dog and am worried that he will be considered as a pet, and denied entry into services.  As such I am doing an exploratory trip, but cannot decide on SMA or Puebla.  I wanted to rent a car and do not plan on doing a circuit trip. So I will either land in Puebla and work my way back to SMA, or vice versa.  Can you advise on anything pertaining to your travels, or acceptability of your dogs?  Thank you!

Some car rental companies will have the option of one way rentals except from what I understand they will send an employee to pick up their car [no car sharing in Mexico between franchises] and you pay for this service which will be hundreds of dollars depending on the distance.

Will the 1st class buses allow my service dog, without being placed in a cargo area?  The two of us have never been separated since we were paired on Feb. 2015. I have all the required documentation you could possibly imagine, and then some?   His vest designating his status is also in Spanish.

yoyobean17 wrote:

Will the 1st class buses allow my service dog, without being placed in a cargo area?  The two of us have never been separated since we were paired on Feb. 2015. I have all the required documentation you could possibly imagine, and then some?   His vest designating his status is also in Spanish.

Yes they allow them on board with the owner.

"Question

Description:

Are you allowed to transport any animals?

Answer

Description:

No, only pets. By law they are not allowed to transport animals that are protected or endangered. It is necessary that the passenger is traveling with them and pets are only accepted in the trunk of luggage and must be in their kennel, preferably sedated to avoid travel stress the animal and under the responsibility of the passenger. They that can only travel aboard are guide dogs."

http://servicio.etn.com.mx:30041/icss_v … name=false

Gracias por ayudame.