Missing person in Jordan

Seen below. Kindly let us know if you have any useful information on Mercy Akinyi Onyango

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Friday, May 1, 2015
Subject: Tracing a Kenyan in Jordan
To: xxxx

Habari wakenya, greetings from Cairo, I am looking for a Kenyan by the name Mercy Akinyi Onyango. She is supposedly in Jordan, an agent recruited her from Kenya to work in Jordan, I am told she was locked in some house somewhere in Jordan when she lastly called her family. The family  contacted a friend of mine who asked for my help thinking I still live in Jordan. The agent's number in Jordan, which I have called without anybody picking was given to me as +962xxxxxxxxx. Can anybody who knows the whereabouts of this lady let me know, the parents are very worried

Salamu kutoka kwangu
xxxxxxxx
Cairo, Egypt

"Most Kenyan migrants are employed as domestic workers and are vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, violence, rape and even murder." 

Source:    KENYAN GOVERNMENT MOVES TO COMBAT MIGRANT WORKER ABUSE IN THE GULF  - Oct 2014

Help where you can.....

I think its best to leave it to the authorities, how bad this story is,

I feel sorry for her but we can do nothing, the family is probably hiding her, give her another name and the passport hide away. There is no profile of her, nothing, only a name.

Primadonna wrote:

I think its best to leave it to the authorities, how bad this story is,

I feel sorry for her but we can do nothing, the family is probably hiding her, give her another name and the passport hide away. There is no profile of her, nothing, only a name.

Yes,  "probably" as you say ..... but again, Probably Not!  If there is ANY chance that she is still using her name, it is definitely worth a try... You don't give up on probabilities.  We all know people with nannies and have nannies ourselves ..... she must have tried to contact someone in Amman at some point.....Amman is not that small so if anyone hears any useful information kindly let us know. Thanks

And yes, the authorities are also assisting with this..... Just help where YOU can.

Then again, who said she's in Amman??? According to the copy of an email, she is supposedly in Jordan and Amman only counts 1.6 million citizens. Its finding a needle in a hay pile.

But you are right: you have to keep all options open.

Wow I hope they find her...I work with a lady who had a maid run away. They haven't found her and it's been 3 mths.

The Agent's number is the solution. Fortunately all mobiles are registered here It wouldn't be too complicated for the authorities to trace her. I pray that she is safe and alive.

As compelling as this e-mail might be, the only people who can do anything about tracking the whereabouts of the young lady are the authorities.

Without a physical description of the missing person, more information regarding location, dates, etc., there is absolutely nothing that can be gained here, with the possible exception of raising the awareness of other members of the dangers of working abroad and the necessity of leaving clear information at home as to whereabouts, contact numbers, etc.

Certainly there is no posibility at all that given the sparce information here, that any of our members are going to be able to assist in any meaningful way in locating her.

The family, and it can only be immediate relatives, must contact the police and Embassy in order to file a missing persons report. If that has already been done then the matter is being handled as best as it can be. Here on EB we're just spinning our wheels and going absolutely nowhere with this.

Nim0, if you have any additional information regarding this person, description, details regarding location, contacts, etc. then please place it in our CLASSIFIEDS section under "Missing People".

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

I think they are just hoping somebody will know somebody? It is possible. Amman can be big and very small, all at the same time. A picture would be a tremendous help.

Hi Nim0,

Please note that the forum has been created for the exchange of information between members about expatriation.

So, can you please post your search in the Missing people in Amman section? This section has been specially designed for missing persons.

Thank you

Priscilla

P.S As this ad is not in the appropriate place, we are therefore closing this thread.

[ Topic closed ]

Closed