Buying land in Vanuatu

Hi guys I am moving to Vanuatu in the coming months to work for an infrastructure company as their construction manager. It is a 3 year contract and at the end of that time I would like to retire in Vanuatu. While I am working there I would like to purchase/lease some land to build my retirement home on it. Can anyone who has purchased land recently give me some idea on prices etc, I am not looking at million dollar beach front just normal basic property.

I have over 35 years of building experience, most recently building cyclone proof houses in remote areas of Australia.

Hi,
I recently purchased / leased land at Angelfish gardens in Pango... low 30's aud for 1/2 acre about 5 mins walk from the beach , talk to Rod @ Island Property I am sure he will be able to help you.

Lynne

His lyn thank you very much for your reply will follow up any more insights would be appreciated.

Hello Russell,

That's just fantastic that you are in construction....you will be very busy I can tell you that much.
What a great place to retire as well. I have just the right person for you to contact regarding purchase of land, property in Vila:
Contact Jude Leske at LJ Hooker in Vila and she will look after you. She is a good friend and knows Vanuatu very well.

Details: www.ljhooker.com.vu The Office number: (678) 29747 and mobile (678) 555 4543

She will be very happy to show you around.

Best Wishes,
Marie G

Hello Marie

Thanks for your input!

You may ask your friend Jude Leske to register herself in our business directory under Real estate in Vanuatu ;)

Cheers

Mishna

Thanks Marie will definitely look her up

Email me at [email protected]. I can provide you with some great info. www.allaboutvanuatu.com

Randy

Hi
I have been here 10 years and bought many properties.
I recommend you come and rent for at least 3 months before looking for land.
Get street wise with advice on who is OK to deal with.
Some of the real estate agents are rogues and stay clear.
You can put a wanted add in paper and see what turns up.

Great advice from Allanandmaggs, so glad I rented before I bought here as I ended up hating the first area I moved to and would have regretted buying there.