Actual living cost in prague for a student

hi
i'm mirja from bangladesh,i'm going to move in prague with student visa.
i would like to know the actual living cost in prague for a student besides are their any part time job available for the international studesnts & what is the hourly wages????

mirja

Hi mirja,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I created a new topic as from your post on the Prague forum for better visibility.

Concerning your search for your internship, i would invite you to create your cv on the jobs in Prague section as well.

Wish you good luck.
Christine

Hi Mirja,

how are you? Well, the cost of living can vary quite a bit depending what part of the city you choose to live in. For one room apartment you can expect roughly 7000CZK to 15000CZK (1EUR = 28CZK) plus utilities depending if you live in city centre or on the suburb. We are not really into sharing flats with strangers so do not expect to find the same sharing opportunities as in France or Ireland for example. Though finding a sharing is not impossible. We, however, usually opt for so called "subletting"  (in Czech "podnájem") as opposed to renting (pronájem). Podnájem generally means that somebody who owns a house or a big flat would sublet you a room. However this is usually not provided with legal lease etc... but can save you half of the cost...room could start on 3500CZK plus utilities.

Jobs you can easily find on Jobs.cz.

Cheers

Martin

Hi all,

I would like to add a webpage where you can find some accommodation for example..:o)

- homesweethome.cz/en/rentals

Martin

thanks mr. martin...
thts really very helpful