STC 4G LTE Internet Connection - Problems --- Slow Speed

Hi
I have stc 4g lte.its speed is good.some times i can't download it softwares.showing 401 connection error

I have Mobily 4G now which will expire next month.  The problem with Mobily is they set weekly bandwidth even in the unlimited plan. 

How about moving to STC 4G?

Purchased zain speed 4G in SR 1199 for 12 months. Download Speed is less than 01mbps. Signals 2/3. Not stable. Researching on net how to improve. But got nothing. Anyone to help me out?

Purchased zain speed 4G in SR 1199 for 12 months. Download Speed is less than 01mbps. Signals 2/3. Not stable. Researching on net how to improve. But got nothing. Anyone to help me out?

They r doing fraud with all. Charging u for unlimited package but giving limited package actually. 16 gb per week. When u use more net. It gets finished for rest of days n next weeknu get new 16 gb package. No use of complaining. Just soldbthe package nbhad fight with mobily manager. Of nonuse. No one is here to stop them doing fraud.

They r doing fraud with all. Charging u for unlimited package but giving limited package actually. 16 gb per week. When u use more net. It gets finished for rest of days n next weeknu get new 16 gb package. No use of complaining. Just soldbthe package nbhad fight with mobily manager. Of nonuse. No one is here to stop them doing fraud.

step 1 ;   u  go to Browser than 192.168.1.1   url  type

step 2 ;   modem setting than

step 3 ; start ip address change this format

step 4;   192.168.3.1.1   (or)

now u seee tha good speed 4G......!

does it work with STC 4G router as well ?

i used 4G STC 12month package last year i got very good speed like 17MB minimum and sometimes 30MB, december 2014 i renewed my sim with same package but not getting speed ..
speed is like 20KB to max 80KM not even 1MB .. i can't open google page ... i phoned many times to STC thy said eveything is ok,  do this do that but it's still same.

one of my friend bought same package with new router last month first time, he is getting same problem , one other friend bought same package 2 days ago and he is getting same speed 20KB

i noticed one thing after midnight like 1AM speed comes up with 20 to 30MB for 2..3 hours .
could some one tell me what should i do :(

is there anyone who is facing same problem could anyone help me out , my signals are full but i think STC did something with new policy or somthing ...

please help me guys

how to change 4G to 3G in the router? Can someone please advise.

step 1- go to ur browser
step 2- type this (http://homerouter.cpe/) then enter
step 3- write you router user name and password (defult) (user name admin) and (password admin)
step 4- click on internet which is on to second option
step 5- next page will open and you will see first option status and second option Network mode just change your network mode what ever you like 3G or 4G  then hit on submit .

that's it

jhonmelvin2011 wrote:

how to change 4G to 3G in the router? Can someone please advise.

Hello someone please help me i have a problem with my torrent downloading speed
i using the stc 4g router and downloading speed 10-12 mb/ps but my torrent downloading speed maximum 50 kbps
so how do i improve my torrent download speed???

i am using the stc quicknet 4g usb modem.here i am giving you a sollution.i hope it will work.if you are using a dekstop,connect then usb modem into the motherboard,which is behind the cpu <where usb port is> in the time of opening the dekstop.after connecting wait for 2 munites approx.then start the modem application from the taskbar.when the application fully opens wait for approx 20 seconds.then conect.after disconnecting remove the usb after shutting down the computer.

I hope this would solve your problem.but do it at your own risk.i would not be related if anything wrong happens.

hi I have same problem,try cosidering buying a 4G mobile and putting the sim card in the mobile and using 4G services .make sure to put the mobile near windows,worked for me now i am getting 12MB,s on AVERAGE

jude_13 wrote:

hi bro i bought stc usb modem 4g my location jade sanaya exit 16 industrial city 2 connection was amazing for me!!  the signal here for LTE IS 4 BARS speedtest is uploa speed is 20mbps d load speed 6mbps connection spped 100 mbps i did not use antenna, i tight my usb modem in a stick and put in the window i got good LTE signal!!!!!!  if you talk tlak to me my skype jake_cute30 hope give you an idea this is my experience..

Good for you mate, just have to exert a little effort whilst typing. your message may come a tad off to other forum-users. Cheers!

abdanwar wrote:

hi I have same problem,try cosidering buying a 4G mobile and putting the sim card in the mobile and using 4G services .make sure to put the mobile near windows,worked for me now i am getting 12MB,s on AVERAGE

dude, are you saying that mobile devices with 4g/LTE is better that 4g dedicated routers?
and, you use your mobile device (i.e. Iphone/samsung) to share / tether with other devices?

You also stated that you "were experiencing same problem" i supposed you were referring to slow-ass router 3g/4g connectivity which you used before getting a 4G mobile.

i am also contemplating to go on this route, sellers in Batha offering me bat-shit-crazy-cheap 3G/4G routers, but our office I.T. guy told me that iphone has better reception than that of dedicated routers....

so yeah, i already got 2 same answers going sides with 4G mobile device in contest with dedicated routers.

thanks mate, keep 'em comin'

Why every is it that every Thursday and Friday, the internet connection is fluctuating. My location is here in Mushrifa district. Most of the time it is off, slow speed. Iam hoping that STC will fix tis problem.

I stay in Arabian homes,  I have 5 Bars but only 1,5 mb download and o,5 mob upload. the first 2 weeks it was great with 20MB  but now the service slowed down. Is it because of Ramadan ?  very disappointed about their service

WOW .. IT WORKS..
I CHANGED MY NETWORK FROM AUTO TO ... 4G BUT IT GAVE ME LITTLE GOOD SPEED
BUT ONCE I CHANGED TO 3G  MY ROUTERS SIGNAL SHOWS ALL  LIGHTS AND NOW SPEED IS AROUND  3 TO 4 MB .. WHICH IS QUITE ENOUGH TO   BROWSE CHANNELS ON SMART TV AND MY  ANDROID TV BOX
LOADED WITH   KODI AND XBMC

THANKS SIR

time.chime wrote:

I am using the same router, and i checked my speed now after reading your blog, my speed is 10Mbps and i have kept it inside my home, and my apartment is on ground floor. so the bar shows just 1 dot.
My suggestion to you is to long in into your roter homerouter.cpe
or 192.168.1.1

and go to the Internet

if the NETWORK MODE is AUTO, change it to only 4G, than only 3G and check, sometimes u will get a better speed on 3G also.

All the best

I CHANGED MY NETWORK FROM AUTO TO ... 4G BUT IT GAVE ME LITTLE GOOD SPEED
BUT ONCE I CHANGED TO 3G  MY ROUTERS SIGNAL SHOWS ALL  LIGHTS AND NOW SPEED IS AROUND  3 TO 4 MB .. WHICH IS QUITE ENOUGH TO   BROWSE CHANNELS ON SMART TV AND MY  ANDROID TV BOX
LOADED WITH   KODI AND XBMC

JohnR64 wrote:

I stay in Arabian homes,  I have 5 Bars but only 1,5 mb download and o,5 mob upload. the first 2 weeks it was great with 20MB  but now the service slowed down. Is it because of Ramadan ?  very disappointed about their service

Hi Saqib,
Indeed very informative and helpful you reply is.
However can you please explain where do we find the tower tag number and relate it to nearby tower's location?
I am facing a lot of problems with my 4G stc connection. The first 25 days it was providing 20 maps now a days the speed has gone down to 1.5mbps moreover,  the connection doesn't stay stable for more than 5 minutes at once.

My sim not active

:sosad::sosad::sosad::sick Still am using STC 4G , 3 month unlimited data sim .. It shows only very poor internet speed , most of the time it is getting only .25 mbps to . 5 mbps , sometimes it shows good speed like above 6 mbps to upto 15 mbps but its happening rarely only. Am from Al Khobar here is full coverage for 4G............... but no use.... Play store and torrents are deadly slow. Bull shit 4G. very very bad service. Why they are saying it is 4G  :sosad:

Hi
   I bought stc router 4G lte cpe E5172 before 3 days but this is not working this is working cheaper than 2G I dont know what is problem I m top much imtention can somebody help me

Let me tell you from experience. Stc's 4g unlimited is not unlimited at all. They throttle it down for me once a day for 4-5 hours and give me 1mbps download and 1mbps upload. I have done a study over a period of 6 months  where I have been buying the 3 month unlimited package. What made me come to the conclusion that they deliberately are slowing my internet down is even when I take out the sim card from the router and put it in a Galaxy note 3 which has awesome 4g and go around the city doing random speed test, the speed is always 1mbps up or down. I even once went to the STC Headquarter in Jeddah and did the tests right there in the waiting room..guess what 1mbps. Then later they release and you get your speed back. So do not be fooled into buying 12 months unlimited. You will go mad, waste alot of time calling them but like clockwork when you have reached the maximum they have set for you for a day BUM! 1mbps!!! I use a lot of internet so I am 100% sure this is what happens. So do your calculation and see how much you use per month. They have these packages for 20gb 50gb and 300gb. I have been using the 50gb package and the speed might break your router!! I wiped out the 50mb in a month and not single hour did my internet slow down. Speed 30-40 mb/s download and 15-20 mb/s upload. So be wise. STC is a money making company. If you buy 50gb for 250 sr and use it up in one month they are very happy. You buy 3months unlimited for 300 sr they will let you know they are not happy-slow internet :-)

If you are using the unlimited packages do not bother with torrent. STC will shut you down for days. Be careful or try some different tricks like VPN maybe -am not sure it works. But you run a risk of being throttle to 0.5mbps.

You should be happy I have STC QuickNet 4G. I live back side of Tahlia and I'm getting 2 MB.... Its like this for a week now it was good before like 5 to 10 MB

Same here, I also stay in Exit-7 and I'm getting only 150KB/S speed

When I go to my router Ethernet Settings ..it is in AUTo but there is no 4G or 3G in the option ..only LAN /WAN etc.that i could not understand..im facing the same problem with low speed connection but my signal (bar) is full. Should I buy external antenna in batha? if so, where can I find and how much it will cost (if there is cheaper one). My net provider is STC also. Thanks 😊

Hi, I'm a local, and I have been using STC+Zain+Mobaily for over 10 years.
I'm telling you this once and for all, no matter what you do the internet will not get better.

it goes like this, unlimited sim cards 50kbs - 3mgbs Maximum.
limited 50gbs offer, 2 - 5 mgbs maximum.
fibre(lightning speed) 10 - 20 mgbs maximum, there's no other way to run around and get higher speed.

the penalty for unlimited sim cards is 2 megabytes per day, if u pass that the fair use will be activated, it means you will have 50kbs speed until the next day it will reset.

I hope if there's a way we can sue those companies for fraud and giving shit speeds for high prices.

SBN wrote:

:sosad::sosad::sosad::sick Still am using STC 4G , 3 month unlimited data sim .. It shows only very poor internet speed , most of the time it is getting only .25 mbps to . 5 mbps , sometimes it shows good speed like above 6 mbps to upto 15 mbps but its happening rarely only. Am from Al Khobar here is full coverage for 4G............... but no use.... Play store and torrents are deadly slow. Bull shit 4G. very very bad service. Why they are saying it is 4G  :sosad:

welcome to Saudi Arabia

AtifAlotaibi wrote:

Hi, I'm a local, and I have been using STC+Zain+Mobaily for over 10 years.
I'm telling you this once and for all, no matter what you do the internet will not get better.

it goes like this, unlimited sim cards 50kbs - 3mgbs Maximum.
limited 50gbs offer, 2 - 5 mgbs maximum.
fibre(lightning speed) 10 - 20 mgbs maximum, there's no other way to run around and get higher speed.

the penalty for unlimited sim cards is 2 megabytes per day, if u pass that the fair use will be activated, it means you will have 50kbs speed until the next day it will reset.

I hope if there's a way we can sue those companies for fraud and giving shit speeds for high prices.

One Fibre isn't lighting speed, it's just fibreglass with light passing through it and no fibre plans don't cap out at 20 Mbps

20 "mgbs" o.O, typo? or do you not have any idea what these acronyms stand for?
I can clarify if you just ask.

To fix your problem, Get 300GB or 600GB from Zain and get a CAT6 router.

Don't get unlimited plan from Zain/Stc/mobily

Salam alaykum everyone.
I live in Malaz, Riyadh
Since i bought my internet package from last 2 weeks my internet access is very slow.
I have purchased a 4G Unlimited highspeed package from STC.
I contacted the STC support but they said it has to be fast.
I spent 160 Riyals for a 1 month Unlimited package.
I am very upset about this problem.
And i am using a 4G Antenna on my router as well.
Can someone please help me?
Its really annoying.

I would really appreciate any help

Try to put your STC router next to a window. Maybe it will help. The problem with unlimited package is that your speed will be reduced after some time.

So I suggest if you are willing to pay for SAR 1 per GB then go to Zain counter and get 300GB for SAR 299 with 3 months validity or 600GB for SAR 549 with 6 months validity. It is still cheaper than SAR 160 per month.

If you want faster speed then get the latest Router at SAR 399.

https://www.sa.zain.com/autoforms/porta … r/packages

Or if you are a heavy movie downloader then maintain your STC unlimited to download movies and get a new Zain 300GB for your Youtube and Facebook

@time.chime  my wifi network problem

Hello Mamun,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that you have posted on an inactive thread.

I advise you to start your own thread on the Riyadh forum if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed