Grocery shopping online in Istanbul

We want to order groceries online but we can not find an online store in English. Do they exist?

They sure do exist! You can order groceries with Migros through: http://www.kangurum.com.tr

There is an English option for you but also if you use Google Chrome, it can roughly translate websites into English for you.

I love this service because you can choose what you want and when to have it delivered. You can pay cash or debit card. One thing you need when setting up the account is a Turkish kimlik number. If you don't have one, you can use your tax id number. If I remember correctly it is one number shorter than the kimlik number and so it was a 0 or 9 at the beginning or end of the tax number, that made it work. Good luck!

paige_alicia wrote:

They sure do exist! You can order groceries with Migros through: http://www.kangurum.com.tr

There is an English option for you but also if you use Google Chrome, it can roughly translate websites into English for you.

I love this service because you can choose what you want and when to have it delivered. You can pay cash or debit card. One thing you need when setting up the account is a Turkish kimlik number. If you don't have one, you can use your tax id number. If I remember correctly it is one number shorter than the kimlik number and so it was a 0 or 9 at the beginning or end of the tax number, that made it work. Good luck!

Thank you very much for the information - you are up early! We are in HK still and it is breakfast time here and we are moving to Istanbul in a few months - all the best

Any questions, dont hesitate to message me personally. I have played the Istanbul game for 3 years now and have become... well... okay at it. :)

You can order groceries online in English at the below link ;)http://www.kangurum.com.tr/kangurum3-we … o?shopId=1

If that doesn't work, go to migros.com --> sanal alışveriş --> pick your city and town and then on top of the page you will see that it gives you the choice of choosing English...

Sevi22 wrote:

You can order groceries online in English at the below link ;)http://www.kangurum.com.tr/kangurum3-we … o?shopId=1

If that doesn't work, go to migros.com --> sanal alışveriş --> pick your city and town and then on top of the page you will see that it gives you the choice of choosing English...

Thank you very much for the information

No problem :) If you need help with anything else, feel free to drop me a line anytime... Good luck

Sevi22 wrote:

No problem :) If you need help with anything else, feel free to drop me a line anytime... Good luck

hello there just 1 question from myself is it just the only 1 website that does online groceries delivery or are there loads? is it a thriving business or is it every limited?

Macrocentre also does online shopping - free delivery, but you need to spend more and products are more expensive. Carrefour only delivers to boats unfortunately.

If you want to order fresh produce from local farmers in Turkey, a friend has just launched a new website.

Besides kangurum, u can also visit these websites for Istanbul..

I need to say that none of them has english language support, therefore u may need a translator.. zargan.com/

carrefourexpres.com/emarket/choose_city_splash.asp

happy.com.tr/

kiler.com.tr/

bitiklakapinda.com/

And for Izmir :

eveteslimmarket.com/lang-tr/

I need some info . I try to make new members login for sanal market but it ask for home phone that i dont have any i have just mobil and also for GSM . I try to use my mobile but it didnt work ! What i do ?!

Hi, everyone!

I think that shops online is a big plus. It is easier to buy online. You can save your time and money.
My friend suggested me some good sites where you can find grocery, please, visit them. Hope it helps you!

bolfox.com/
global.gmarket.co.kr/
walmart.ca/
groceries.morrisons.com/

Regards,

Brenda

Migros sanal market

Hi Brenda,

Great list of online stores you provided there, though I noticed this post is for grocery online shopping in Istanbul, the city in Turkey.

The online sites that you listed are in Russia, South Korea, Canada and Britain.. And they don't have outlets in Turkey anywhere that I know of.

One could definitely but a turkey from these sites, but have it imported online to Turkey, I doubt! : )

Enjoy your day!

brenda flower wrote:

Hi, everyone!

I think that shops online is a big plus. It is easier to buy online. You can save your time and money.
My friend suggested me some good sites where you can find grocery, please, visit them. Hope it helps you!

bolfox.com/
global.gmarket.co.kr/
walmart.ca/
groceries.morrisons.com/

Regards,

Brenda

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Free advertisement is not allowed on the forum + please register your company in our business directory

Anyone please suggest me some online stores! From where i can buy groceries and many more things. :)

whıch area are you ın ıstanbul?

sure ı can regıster  but ıt helps to people you know

In case you are in Turkeyl, the following link should help you for online shopping.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 12#2891361

Z

is there other food shopping delivery online in English like carefor  or bim or sok

Hello abumishari,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Feel free to create a new thread on the Istanbul forum to receive more updated information about online food shopping and delivery.

This present thread's last posts date back as far as 2015.

Best of luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

thank you my dear , can you please send me the website of the food and other shopping items in english or rarbic  so i can order to deliver to my apartment and is there andriod application .

Hello abusmishari,

As advised by Diksha who is a member of the Expat.com team, you should create a new topic on the Istanbul forum to ask your question to our community of members who live in this city and who can hence guide you more effectively.

You most probably won't be able to find any answers here because this thread has been inactive for quite a while.

Regards,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.