Which Mobile Operator in Oilfield

Hi All,
I will move Kuwait soon for an oil field job( drilling),
I am wondering which mobile operator should i choose for good 3g coverage among the country, especially in the remote drilling locations.
Thanks..

I don't think any of the operators will provide you with 3G coverage out there. I haven't been there myself, but it is not available at the city outskirts with at least two operators so I seriously doubt it would be out there in the fields. I am hoping someone will correct me.

Is relative to current location ... the rigs themselves are mobile, and tend to be in a new location every couple months or so ... one location maybe inside a controlled fence-line oil-field area, the next out in the middle of nowhere, and followed by a location just off the 30 in Ahmadi.  Therefore my answer would vary according to said locations ... that point made, lol... I walked across the office here, poked my head in a door, and asked a couple land surveyors what operator they recommend in the deep field (extreme rural) area's of the country, and 'they' unanimously stated "Zain" ... not my carrier, but I'm seldom in the field these days.  :D

Useful link:

http://opensignal.com/

Forget about 3G after stepping out of urban areas, sometimes even before you do that.

As long as I know, basically you cannot bring your mobile to the oil field. And I heard that VIVA has poor reception in North area, close to Iraq.

fltnkim wrote:

As long as I know, basically you cannot bring your mobile to the oil field. And I heard that VIVA has poor reception in North area, close to Iraq.

can't bring a device with a 'camera' into fenced controlled areas ... it'll be confiscated and you'll loose your credentials ... although, many rig-sites are outside fenced controlled areas