Visa Cancellation

i had worked in oman till august 10, 2014 and left my job without cancellation. in february , i will complete 6 month since i exit from oman, i want to cancel my visa and planning to come oman before expire date. but sponsor informed that, no need to come oman for cancel visa it can cancel without entering oman and he is willing to Give NOC. i sent my passport copy and labour card copy  and done document works for cancel my visa. Sposnsor says that there is no issue as doing so to get a visa inn any other GCC Countries.

Kindly suggest your opinion in the subject.

Yes that's right as sponsor can cancel the visa without you coming to Oman. but make sure that you do not have anything outstanding here in Oman specially any banking or cc dues.

Dear
What he said is correct in my knowledge. The visa will be automatically cancelled after six months. But u make sure that he ll give you NOC

hasifsha wrote:

i had worked in oman till august 10, 2014 and left my job without cancellation. in february , i will complete 6 month since i exit from oman, i want to cancel my visa and planning to come oman before expire date. but sponsor informed that, no need to come oman for cancel visa it can cancel without entering oman and he is willing to Give NOC. i sent my passport copy and labour card copy  and done document works for cancel my visa. Sposnsor says that there is no issue as doing so to get a visa inn any other GCC Countries.

Kindly suggest your opinion in the subject.

Hi hasifsha,

One thing you have to make sure is to get an NoC from your former employer.

Without your former employer's NoC, your return to Oman would not be possible for the next couple of years.

Good luck.

Dear today I left my job in Oman and I m going back India without cancel my oman visa ,
I plan to go UAE for job as a sales manager so can I travel UAE to Oman by road for visit

Please reply urgent

maaz dhuma wrote:

Dear today I left my job in Oman and I m going back India without cancel my oman visa ,
I plan to go UAE for job as a sales manager so can I travel UAE to Oman by road for visit

Please reply urgent

Hi maaz dhuma,

As long as your last employer does not file a case or complaint against you, you should be okay at the border crossings. But to be able to get your UAE employment visa, your Oman employment visa has to be cancelled.

Since you seem to know that you are going to take up a new employment outside of Oman, it is your moral obligation to inform your employer, get your employment visa cancelled, and exit Oman the correct and proper way.

If anyone does not follow the rules of the land, more so an expatriate, there will always be that niggling fear that the long arms of the law can catch-up with such offenders.

Well, in case you don't know, you will technically be classified as an 'absconder'.

Kindly share the information for the following points

1. If I move to India on emergency leave and on reaching India I resign via mail. Is it possible to cancel the employment visa from India by visiting the embassy. Or will my current org cancel the visa, as they are short of visas. To employ new employees.

2. In case my current Oman visa is not cancelled can I get the Qatar visa. I mean is a person allowed to have employment visas of two gulf countries.

Please share me the information so that I can plan accordingly.

Replies in RED

rajvai wrote:

Kindly share the information for the following points

1. If I move to India on emergency leave and on reaching India I resign via mail. Is it possible to cancel the employment visa from India by visiting the embassy. Or will my current org cancel the visa, as they are short of visas. To employ new employees. You must be present in Oman while cancelling the visa. Many people do this practice, but its not an ethical behavior to just abscond your employer.

2. In case my current Oman visa is not cancelled can I get the Qatar visa. I mean is a person allowed to have employment visas of two gulf countries. Noone can have employment visas of two countries. It is not possible first of all, and secondly illegal .

Please share me the information so that I can plan accordingly.

Hi Schaz,
One of my friends in India got Qatar e-Visa recently but he did not travel. Meanwhile, he got an offer letter from a company in Oman. But they've asked to send original documents to Oman. Once he gets Oman Visa he will have two (employment) visas from 2 Gulf countries!!  In this scenario there is no need to get NOC from the Qatar employer (whom he never joined or submitted any document). Am I right??

Dear sir
I need info about employment visa ban
I was worked in Oman muscat
My visa cancelled on Feb-2015
So how can I find about ban time
When I enter in Oman next time
I have not any NOC
Or  after 2014 ban finished or not
Because I have some job opportunities
Thanks and Best Regards

hsl92 wrote:

Dear sir
I need info about employment visa ban
I was worked in Oman muscat
My visa cancelled on Feb-2015
So how can I find about ban time
When I enter in Oman next time
I have not any NOC
Or  after 2014 ban finished or not
Because I have some job opportunities
Thanks and Best Regards

Hi
I think the "2-year ban" rule is applicable in your case. Without NOC, you're allowed to enter Oman only after Feb 2017. Keep reading Oman news becoz the "Omani rules" keep changing on a regular basis.  :|

Thanks for Thanks too   :)

You can get visa of multiple GCC countries at a time that is not an issue ....its my personal experience

Dear I am from India working in Muscat as a store manager from last 8 months ,I want to go back to India as per my contract I have to serve 1 month notice period if I leave the job before 2 years and I have resigned on 15th Jan and ready to pay 500 OMR as per my contract but still my employer is not responding nor he is giving my passport please help me and suggest me what to do as this is my 1st time in outside of India,and I don't know anybody here.please help me and suggest me what I have to do t go back to India.

Hi Sharma.abhishek.bsb,

You are not alone and there have been others too, in the very recent past, who have had similar concerns.

So the first thing you must do is to read the many other posts of a similar nature in the forum. If you read those discussions, you would know what exactly to do.

Go to the Indian Embassy and let the concerned official there know of your plight. They will step in and will sort it out for you.

You can also lodge a complaint against the ROP for withholding your passport against you will.

You can also lodge another complaint against your employer at the Minster of Manpower.

My wife left oman without cancelation of family visa , now her visa expired, and now she want to come oman again with my family visa, so is there any problm for making new family visa ?????

Hi!
I was working in Oman but the director of my company didn't fulfill the contract I have given them my resign many times but they didn't releasing me so I came back my home without informing them so I need advise from you plz let me know what kind of action they can take me against me and also tell may I go other GCC country plz reply thanks

They will not take any action against you and your visa will cancelled by your employer without your present. Further you can apply to other GCC countries but you will not job for minimum 2 years here.

Hi Sir I m najimudeen pls  tall me I m come to oman only 1 week  Iike to go back my home  with oute parmesan Spencer  so in airport asking any  thing  and also what i need documents

I have Oman employee visa. Can I get UAE investor visa

Najeemkuw25 wrote:

Hi Sir I m najimudeen pls  tall me I m come to oman only 1 week  Iike to go back my home  with oute parmesan Spencer  so in airport asking any  thing  and also what i need documents

Hi Najeemkuw25,

If your Resident Card is not done yet, you can exit without any problem, as long as you have your passport with you.

fakhtar09 wrote:

Hi!
I was working in Oman but the director of my company didn't fulfill the contract I have given them my resign many times but they didn't releasing me so I came back my home without informing them so I need advise from you plz let me know what kind of action they can take me against me and also tell may I go other GCC country plz reply thanks

Hi fakhtar09,

Am aware that my response is late.

However, for the sake of others in the forum let me share some information.

Since you have exited without your company's knowledge, you have placed yourself in a very precarious position.

If your company so wishes, they can create a lot of trouble for you. There have been instances where after an employee's unannounced departure false cases were cooked up and even police cases filed. This is only meant to make the life of the 'absconder' difficult. If he/she were to go to any GCC airport then the person can even be apprehended on the basis of those claims made by the employer / sponsor.

It all depends on how vindictive the employer / sponsor chooses to be. And since the absconding employee is not there to defend himself / herself, the absconder would be considered as the falter.

Pray that your sponsor / employer is not the spiteful kind.

LoveOman wrote:

They will not take any action against you and your visa will cancelled by your employer without your present. Further you can apply to other GCC countries but you will not job for minimum 2 years here.

Hi LoveOman,

Do share your views and opinion in the forum by all means - but kindly ensure that the information you give is accurate.

For example, your quoted information here is incorrect.

If an employee absconds, i.e., leaves the employment without prior intimation, the sponsor / company which has provided the employment visa for the candidate is expected to wait for a minimum period of 3-months from the date of the employee's absconding, before that employment visa can be cancelled.

This waiting period is to give the absconding employee the benefit of the doubt if in case he / she had to urgently leave the country and was unable to inform the employer / sponsor about their sudden departure.

So if the employee does not return by the 3-months period, then it will be considered that the person is not interested in returning. Therefore the employee's valid visa can be cancelled by the employer / sponsor.

This is only one side ...

Now, if the employer/sponsor wants to play dirty to the employee who has absconded they can do so by all means.

Since the employee has absconded, the employer / sponsor can go to the police and say that the employee has swindled the company of thousands of rials and can lodge a false criminal case of theft. Or can say that the employee has swindled the company of its money and has run away. Or can say whatever they want, since the employee is not around to defend themselves.

Once a criminal case is lodged, then there is also a GCC 'look-out' notice issued against the person. So if that person were to enter any airport within the GCC then the person can be arrested, since there is a pending criminal case against their name.

There are many other possible scenarios where the employee can be put to trouble, which I will not bother you with now.

I am saying all this with absolute authority since someone I know had been through these traumatic experiences.

That is why when I see some flippant and shallow response like yours, I get irked.

Henceforth, only if you can stand by your comment / response, post.

prawinda wrote:

I have Oman employee visa. Can I get UAE investor visa

Hi prawinda,

Yes, you can.

Provided you have the needed wherewithal to invest the required amount in US$ or in UAE Dirhams (AED).

Thank you Sumithran for your guidance.

Hi friends,
I was working in oman but had to come back to India within 2 months due to some personal reasons ( went at 24 Apr 2017 and came back at 1 July 2017 ) I cancelled my visa and got NOC from my company where I was working.
Can I go again to oman again.is there any problem  for taking a visit or job visa.

Please help me

Manjesh wrote:

Hi friends,
I was working in oman but had to come back to India within 2 months due to some personal reasons ( went at 24 Apr 2017 and came back at 1 July 2017 ) I cancelled my visa and got NOC from my company where I was working.
Can I go again to oman again.is there any problem  for taking a visit or job visa.

Please help me

If you have the NOC, there won't be any hurdles for you to secure any other job in Oman.

sir  how much fee to visa if he breach the contract?2 years contract but resign in 1 year did i fee to employer about visa and how much sir.

Dear,
       I also got another employment visa from uae. As i am working in oman and my current oman visa is also avialble. Can i move to dubai without cancelation?

rickeyrohatagi wrote:

Dear,
       I also got another employment visa from uae. As i am working in oman and my current oman visa is also avialble. Can i move to dubai without cancelation?

You can not move until you cancel your current employment visa. This would be illegal if you attempt to do so.

Hi friends,
I was working in Oman but decided go back  to India within 10 days due to some personal reasons/official reasons ( I came to Oman on 15 the Jan 2018 and returned on 31st  Jan 2018  ) I got  my visa cancelled and dint got NOC from my company where I was working.

One of my friend has told me that he has some connections and he can arrange for the NOC, then I can come back  again to Oman .either on a visit visa and search for a Job, or get job visa from Oman directly and come back to Oman(but the PRO told me that there is no ban for me As I haven't completed my probation period.  my Iqama was issued)
Also is there is any issues for me to got to any other GCC as I my visa has cancelled already?
Please advice.
Haris

Dear friend,
It's depending upon the employer. If he says u have to pay the visa cost.
you might have to pay that it would be around 352 OMR.

I am currently residing in srilanka and going to be hired in oman,can my employer cancel the online visa application that he made ,and will I get a ban for that ,or is it possible for him to cancel it and will I not be banned

the probation priod of cancellation is how many month?

Hi manswa,

Usually, the probation period for an expatriate employee is 3 months.

Sometimes it could be lesser. And sometimes more.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : copy paste is not allowed
skkollannur wrote:

<span>[Post under review]</span>

Hi skkollannur,

Please DO NOT copy, paste your same post everywhere.

Your post has already been seen and responded to elsewhere.

Hello friends,

I am almost 7 months here in Oman but I still dont have Labour card but every month I keep reminding them about my Labour card but still nothing happend and now I want to go back home because beside of not processing my Labour card they are also paying a very late salary at first 15 days and then 1 month until 2 months.

My question is can I go back home with only passport? Will there be any problem to the airport or immigration? Please answer my question.
Eventhough my sponsor said to me before that he is going to buy me ticket using my salary thay I did not get but until now he is ignoring me.

Hi silentseeker,

It is rather unfortunate that you have to go through these mentally disturbing things.

For an expatriate, to land a good job with a decent company these days is easier said than done. And there are one too many unscrupulous sponsors and employers in the Sultanate who have no qualms about conning unsuspecting expatriate employees and wrecking their dreams and hopes of a better future.

Answering your question, no, you cannot just leave with your passport if you have an employment visa stamped in your passport. If you hold an employment visa, then by law, you should have got registered and must be in the possession of a valid resident card. Failure for any new expatriate employee to register within 10 days of arrival would fetch an accumulating fine. Both the sponsor and the sponsored would have to pay.

So your situation is sticky. Since you have not done anything wrong and to fully secure and safeguard your exit, it is better that you immediately contact your local embassy in Muscat. Narrate your story in detail to them. The embassy would then do the needful to ensure that you are allowed to exit the country without any severe damage - financial or otherwise.

Hello Sumitran,

Thank you for answrering my question but I have follow up information but I dont know if it might help to my case or not I dont know maybe you can, because in the first place we dont have a sign contract. They hired us but when we got here there is no documents that is process like contract between two parties only Labour card which is I am not included but all of the staff dont have a contract.

Thank you and sorry for disturbing and asking these questions because I dont know whrere to ask or to gain information regarding about this.