How can I find out if I have a travel ban in Bahrain ?

Hello, I would like to know what is the procedure to able to find out if I have a travel ban from any of the creditors in Bahrain ? I am planning to visit my home country next week which is very necessary and just wondering if have a travel ban from a telecom company (VIVA) with whom I have an outstanding amount which I am trying to pay a bit by bit.

Go to Bahrain embassy in your country and apply for a visa there. If they issue you one, technically you should be ok. But again, it is a very bad practice not to pay your debts in Bahrain. Depending on the amount and the timeframe, you may well have a travel ban. Why don't you call the operator and pay your bill over the phone?

Brigtonguy, thanks but I am already in Bahrain and I want to know if I can travel out of Bahrain ? How do I know ?

Go to the airport and ask?

If you have reached a settlement agreement with your telecom provider and are honouring it per the agreed payment schedule, you should be fine. However, its difficult to know for sure. Have you tried contacting the immigration and emigration authority?

Could I know how to contact the emigration authorities ? any contact or email .. whats the procedure , thanks

Immigration should be able to tell you.

I guess you need to go to Immigration in Manama and ask - am sure their information desk will point you in the right direction.  Or call the company you have the debt with and ask them?

Hi Mnahmed,

The only way to know for sure is to go in person to immigration office. You can tell them that you had a dispute with a company which is now settled but you don't want to have a bad surprise at the airport.
To put someone under travel ban requests a court order, so even if banks are quite prompt to do so, other private company will weight if the dispute amount worth the procedure.

Cheers

Olivier

Thank you Olivier, will I recieve a notice or something from the courst saying I have a travel ban ? I am not sure what the procedure is and how do they intimate us ..

You may not receive anything from the court.

You must go to Immigration and ask - they will have it logged on their system if there is a travel ban for this or anything else.

Thank you, shall do so.

Hello

I need help were can I go and get a list of all South Africans
that are in Bahrain on a travel ban and have been there for over
a year.

Robert Douglas wrote:

Hello

I need help were can I go and get a list of all South Africans
that are in Bahrain on a travel ban and have been there for over
a year.

I think you are asking for the impossible. Don't think any government department is just going to hand our people's private information.

Also for future reference it is best to start a new topic rather than post on the end of someone elses

I agree with Josnuggles and what a strange request!!

Please inform if there is any travel ban for me

sivakumar1 wrote:

Please inform if there is any travel ban for me

Hi sivakumar1. Welcome to the Forum.

Please read this page from the beginning. You will find out the answer to your question.

Good luck! :)

i want to know that i m travel ban in bahrain or not

muhammedtalib wrote:

i want to know that i m travel ban in bahrain or not

Please read this page from the top, You will find out the answer to your question. Good luck!

We do not have access to government records to let you know whether you have a travel ban or not. Even if we did, nobody would have been in a position to give you this information on a public forum.

brightonguy wrote:

We do not have access to government records to let you know whether you have a travel ban or not. Even if we did, nobody would have been in a position to give you this information on a public forum.

Thanks brightonguy - I gave up long back.
It is quite clear from the discussion on this thread - we do not know if someone has a travel ban slapped on him/her or not. But no attempt is made by certain respondents to even read this one page before posting. :nothappy:

hello Sir, just I want to know any travel ban for me?

sajeevan pv wrote:

hello Sir, just I want to know any travel ban for me?

:o

Seriously! I don't believe this.

:dumbom::blink:

Unfortunately we don't have access to the government records to find if you have a travel ban or not. So the only way to find out is go to the embassy or LMRA in Bahrain if you are here already.

anyone know how to find out which company gave you a travel ban in bahrain? and what is the procedure in the court to pay the deebt and get ban removed and how long it takes to remove ban once debt is paid?

If you are keen on settling your dues and getting the travel ban lifted, you can go to the Immigration authorities at the "Passport Office" (at the start I Exhibition Road) and check with them. You may need a lawyer to work with you to get the ban lifted, since this involves getting a Court Order.

Farhaz, you have A LOT of patience!  :gloria

IndieDarling wrote:

Hahaha ... something I picked up as a kid growing in Saudi Arabia. You need loads of it to survive there.  :D

Farhaz wrote:
IndieDarling wrote:

Hahaha ... something I picked up as a kid growing in Saudi Arabia. You need loads of it to survive there.  :D

Yeah , without patience , no one can live in Saudi   :(

Hi, please check i have travel band yes or no

palakkad wrote:

Hi, please check i have travel band yes or no

Please read this post from the beginning. The answer to your question is already there.

Good luck!

Hello all

For your info, some off topic posts have been removed from the forum

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Pls i need your help.i want to know if i can still get a police clearance in bahrain even if i am banned there?im not sure and i dont know if i am banned but i AWOL in my work last year.i went back to my country to take a vacation andi did not come back anymore.now i need to get police clearance there.do you have any idea where to ask abt my case?your serious replies will be so much of a help to me.thank you!

Dear Rnakino,

your employer may have reported you to LMRA as absconding and there is a possibility they could have blacklisted you, unfortunately there is no way to find out if there is a travel ban or not. You could contact LMRA in this regard, but be careful in what you reply and ask them.

good luck

T&R

Well im not worried if im banned but i need a police clearance.is it possible despite all that that i can still get a police clearance there?

And if ever the employer reported absconding against me in lmra it would appear in my account once i check my status there right?

I guess to get a police clearance you have to be in Bahrain.

How can I find out if I have a travel ban in Bahrain

Hi

try contacting LMRA.

T&R

The Immigration would also be able to check and provide information.

Hello. My previous company sent me a message stating that they have reported me to the police as run away and the immigration so I am blacklisted and wont be able to get out of the country. Do you the number to be contacted at thew immigration?