I want to move to a warmer climate

Hello all.....

My name is Mike and I am originally from Burnaby British Columbia Canada but have been living all over Western Canada for the better part of 20 years with work, now residing in La Ronge Saskatchewan.

I have known for sometime I want to move to a warmer climate and have been researching Belize for some time now and it may be the place ! Having never married or had children I have the financial means not to worry about working again at 48 years old.

I have noticed on the online rentals ( plan to rent for a year before I buy) that some places are "trusted" ..are there scams in housing to be aware of down there ??

Thanks so much

Mike

Oh yes you can get scammed on land. We just came back from Progresso, we liked it so much that we rented a house. Large two bedroom, two bath, two Palaps on roof, and in the bush. $800 BZD a month. Many places are cheaper, but we prefer the solitude. No security issues, and not many expats yet.

Hello Cochise8933, thanks for your response. I have the same idea as you guys, living in the bush. I spent 2 years living in the bush in Northern Canada with no power, electricity or running water and loved it. But I was a younger man back then...lol... and it sounds like I would enjoy a house rental similar to what you guys have..

Are visitors on the tourist VISA allowed to hunt down there if so what is there in the way of game animals ?

Thanks again

Mike

Cochise8933

Hola, my name is Robert. It is my understand that a Non Belizean living on a farm can get a gun license. I don't know what the laws on hunting are.
I have seen deer, Coati, Royal Rat, Lemeer, armadillo. and Ocelot. Belizeans belief everything is a game animal.