Teeth whitening and tattoo in Marrakech

Hello,

Thanks everybody for the good input I got for my other questions so far!

This encouraged me to ask 2 more. Some foreigners get spices or handmade bags as souvenirs as those are cheaper than back home.

I am looking for two other things, I would like to get my teeth whitened and get a small and simple tattoo that I've been planning to get for a while.

Any idea where to find of of the two?

Thanks,

Raphael

Morocco is not really the best place to obtain either dental services (including cosmetic services) or tattoos.  Dental care for most locals is limited to pulling rotten teeth, not bleaching healthy ones. You may be able to find the rare tattoo artist, but as tattoos are deemed contrary to Islam, they are frowned upon here and so tattooing is not an easily obtainable service.

Hello Raphael,

I can answer only one question regarding the tattoo.. here in agadir city there are 2 famous people in "talborjt" and they are very professional, if you are still interested I can ask for their phone numbers and I'll send it to you just let me know ..
I would love to have one but it's painful :(

Imane

JenB wrote:

Morocco is not really the best place to obtain either dental services (including cosmetic services) or tattoos.  Dental care for most locals is limited to pulling rotten teeth, not bleaching healthy ones. You may be able to find the rare tattoo artist, but as tattoos are deemed contrary to Islam, they are frowned upon here and so tattooing is not an easily obtainable service.

The bit about dentistry is arrant nonsense. I've been living here for just over two weeks, having visited for a month previously. Dental surgeries are all over the place, some offering implants, many offering crowns, bridges and cosmetic dentistry. I have been recommended a dentist in a light, airy, modern surgery. They look incredibly professional and offer all of the procedures mentioned above at bargain basement prices compared to Europe. In fact, there is a poster in the waiting room detailing their tooth bleaching service. This is, of course, in Casablanca, but I have seen similar surgeries in other towns.

To the OP, look at www.blanee.com for the town you are in and research dentists there. I've found that site invaluable for a lot of services, in general, that I have needed. Don't be afraid of asking questions when you go to the surgery and getting recommendations from other expats, at least those who know what they are talking about and who are actually living in Morocco.