Im a Nigerian who wants to visit Cape Verde....

Hi everyone....Im making plans to visit Cape Verde but really dont know how to go about the travelling processes.Anyone here so kind to help me out?

Hi,

Firstly you will need a visa, I recommend going online to find out how to apply for this as I have forgotten how I did this. The visa process is not too difficult. You may have to apply through the sengal consulate or get the visa at the airport. There are lots of Nigerians in the Cape Verde, most of them traders and small business owners so you will not have any issues blending in. You will need to learn some basic portugese to get by, but communication on the whole is easy, always haggle the price down. Most of the people are friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps

Hi,

My husband and I are considering going to stay in Cape Verde.  He is Nigerian and I am American.  I just read your post and Im surprised to see that you said a Visa is neccessry to go to Cape Verde for him.  I thought Cape Verde was one of the Visa Free countries for Nigerians?  Are you sure about this?

PLS I WANT TO GO TO CAPE VERDE TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN GET A JOB IB CAPE VERDE AND ALSO IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO CAN LINK ME UP WITH ANY ONE OVER THERE.. PLS INBOX ME TO [email protected] pls

Hello alagbado, Welcome on board,

May be you shall present yourself first! In which field are you looking for opportunities?

P.s. Please use small case lettering when posting on the forum!

Regards

It's not live getting a visa to visit America. Everyone traveling to Cape Verde including YOU will need a visa. Process is really simple. Either go to the Cape Verde consulate in the country where you live, or if that is inconvenient, you will be required to obtain the visa when you arrive in Cape Verde. The difference is that it costs about 50 euroes if you get it upon arrival. It's much cheaper to get it before you go.

Either way, it's not a big deal.

akinstacey wrote:

Hi,

My husband and I are considering going to stay in Cape Verde.  He is Nigerian and I am American.  I just read your post and Im surprised to see that you said a Visa is neccessry to go to Cape Verde for him.  I thought Cape Verde was one of the Visa Free countries for Nigerians?  Are you sure about this?

hi i play in a local league here in Nigeria and would love to take my career to cape verde,pls i need a direct link to any football clubs in cape verde,plssssssssss how do i get cape verde visa from Nigeria.

hi fullmoon my name is Rilwan ayedun but people call me talent because im an entertainer i will like to visit cape Verde but i dont know how to do that.

Hello Ayedun.

To note that this thread is dated 2011. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi every one, I am Alfred, a Cape Verdean Resident.

Any one from West Africa, do not need a Visa to come to Cape Verde Island, As a west African, there is a process to follow before entring Cape Verde and also your Basic Travel Allowance and A Hotel Reservation.
For Other nations, You are entitled for a Visa at Point of Entree/Arrival, Air or Sea Port at the rate of 50 EUROS.

Thanks

[Moderated]

I am nigeran I want to travell to cape verde and work how will go abt it

How can i get to cape verde from nigeria ,where is the nearest country to cape and can i go through land?

Pls can i get ur mobile and call you on phone and discuss this cape verde travelling i want to move and can i come through land where is the nearest country and do youn know the flight amount?pls put me throug

CAPE VERDE IS ONE OF THE COUNTRIES UNDER THE TREATIES AND AGREEMENT OF THE ECONOMIC OF WEST AFRICAN STATES,MEANWHILE THIS AGREEMENTS ARE BEING RESPECTED BY ALL MEMBER STATES,ONLY THAT SOME OF THEM MAY REQUEST FOR YOUR MEANS OF SUSTAINANCE WHILE IN THEIR TERRITORY.

Hi  ITALIANO MAX,

Please can you lower caps your post, it will be easier to read.

Thank you,

David.

ok

So what are the processing to avoid deportation?

@ alfredrobinson.. I need to find out more details bout Cape Verde.. can you please inbox me.

I will lie visit cape verde on 1 week holiday  and will like to know if there are flight from lagos ,please

Dear Mr Alfred.

Am a Nigerian presently living in Tokyo and would like to visit Cape Verde on 1 week holidays in December. could you kindly advise if there are flight from  Nigeria and if I require visa as ECOWAS passport holder. If there are no flight from Nigeria are there flights from neighboring ECOWAS Sates , please

Hi imam2007,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note this thread is quite old.

I suggest you to start a new discussion on the Cape Verde forum with all your questions for better interaction.

Thank you

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Cape Verde is a very love place
ten beautiful Islands
lovely beach, girls,
its a perfect place for vacation,
i live here so if you are interested in visitation
i live here, and i am a student here so feel free with me

Hi, i am a nigerian also looking for come to cape verde on holiday. Can you just help me with a little bit of info... thanks

\its vISA FREE. you only need to provide proof of Flight in and out bound ticket, and also your hotel reservation and means of survival for the period intended to stay.

Thats all you need.
Thanks

Re: Im a Nigerian who wants to visit Cape Verde....

"ts visa FREE. You only need to provide proof of Flight in and out bound ticket, and also your hotel reservation and means of survival for the period intended to stay.

Thats all you need.
Thanks

Hello dear, thank u very much for your lovely comment. Please I am a graduate of one the Nigeria university who love to visit cape Verde. Please add me on facebook so we can chat. Here is my name on facebook: Gift Tukpe. Or you can add me with my blackberry pin:  2B16C4DB. I hope to hear from u soon

Am nigerian who want to travel to cape Verde Islands and stay and work there please anyone with useful information t how I can go about it pleases contact me my number 07066947149,  thanks

Hello alexbrant,

If you look on earlier replies on this thread, you may find answers to your questions.

alfredrobinson wrote:

Hi every one, I am Alfred, a Cape Verdean Resident.

Any one from West Africa, do not need a Visa to come to Cape Verde Island, As a west African, there is a process to follow before entring Cape Verde and also your Basic Travel Allowance and A Hotel Reservation.
For Other nations, You are entitled for a Visa at Point of Entree/Arrival, Air or Sea Port at the rate of 50 EUROS.

Thanks

Thank you,
Marjorie

Please anyone leaving in cape Verde can I have your phone number so I can call to discuss important things with you before coming over to cape Verde Islands

Hello I am a nigerian who want to travel to cape Verde Islands and stay and work there please I need more information on how to go about it and how much does it cost to hier an apartment there . I am asking you because I saw your post on this trend that you stays in cape Verde.  [ Moderated: Do not share any contact number on the forum ] Thanks

You can travel there as a tourist visa free but to work there you will need work permit / visa.

Plz house , I need ur help. Am a nigerian , and I stay in Lagos I will be travelling to Cape Verde in few days and I want to list the documents I will be going with. Hotel reservation, a guarantee letter ( although I don't know how genuine d letter is, but it was giving to me by an agent), my international passport ( although I have an Egyptian visa on it and  four other west african country's stamps, and I have a BTA of $900. My flight ticket is aslo all round ticket.I hope I wount be denied any entry . Thanks. Waiting for ur reply

Valid Travel passport. Hotel Reservation for the lent period you want to stay, to and fro ticket matching your hotel reservation.
BTA of 1500Dollars or 1000Euros
If you do not have the BTA complete, you can rent a BTA at Senegal Airport for 100 dollars. Its a network, they will have some one to pick up the money when you arrive Cape Verde..
Thanks

am a nigerian and would like to visit cape verde with my family of 8, i will like to know if they have  nice apartments for rent,for our stay of two weeks, and pleaseare there any nice and interesting places to visit in capeverde

Hi
My name is Daniel from Nigeria, i want to travel to cape verbe but i don't have anyone there.........I really need to talk to you tru phone.
thanks
Daniel

what and what i need as a nigerian to travelle to cape verde

Hello guys looking to go to Cape Verde,
Well, Cape Verde holds lots of opportunities for travellers looking to get to other parts of the world not for job seekers.
You don't need a Visa to go there as a Nigerian but if you do go without making necessary arrangements, you will sure be deported.
You have to apply to "Immigracao e Afronteira" for permission to enter. Good news is I am a Nigerian with a Cape Verdean citizenship and work in tourism and I can help. I am currently in Nigeria and can be reached at ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct