Oman Employment Visa Procedure

Dear expert,

I received a job offer from the Oman, As per them I was already sent my Original GAMCA Medical Fit Certificate to them for the labor department clearance. Please explain briefly process of  Oman Employment Visa.
Still I remain my Educational Certificate attestation like HRD & MEA. So, can I completed or waiting for clearance from there ? Degree certificate attestation from the OMAN EMBASSY is required or not? Its done by myself or require to send it Oman to HR Department (After HRD & MEA ). Please clarify above query. Thanks.............

Hi mpdtz2003,

The process of obtaining an employment visa has been explained in detail in the forum.

Please look them up, read, understand and know how the system works.

It is not possible to repeat the same specific details for each and every new member here in this forum.

Before posting your query, you must also take some effort to read the information that is already available here. If there is something which has not been addressed earlier, then please let the members know and there would be many who would like to give their personal feedback and comments on that subject.

Please note that this forum is purely and entirely voluntary in nature and with no-strings-attached. People who contribute here do so purely for the love of what they are doing. No contributor is engaged, commissioned, or is bound to respond to any queries.

Now answering to your query, yes, attestations of educational certificates are necessary. And you have to do it.

Thanks sir,

I read some reviews in this forum, but I still confused also, some told do not send original certificates and some told you loss the opportunity. so I m not understand. so if its possible please give procedure for that. I m really thankful for this noble cause and appreciate for that.

My mail ID - [email protected]

My friend,
attest your education certificate and your birth certificate also and send the cop of birth certificate with original education attested certificate to your HR company.

Keep the original birth certificate attested with you when you arrived Oman.
This is the process line.

Regards,
MAZ

mpdtz2003 wrote:

Thanks sir,

I read some reviews in this forum, but I still confused also, some told do not send original certificates and some told you loss the opportunity. so I m not understand. so if its possible please give procedure for that. I m really thankful for this noble cause and appreciate for that.

My mail ID - [email protected]

Hi mpdtz2003,

Sending your original educational certificates to an unknown location is risky. Very risky.

If you must send them, then make sure you get the same acknowledged in writing and signed and sealed by some authorised signatory from the company to which you are sending your papers. To me it is still risky.

Good luck.

Sir,

I read some where about GAMCA medical fit report/certificate must be endorsed or attested by ministry of health, It is done from the India ? I was not aware from this I am not attested by ministry of health-India but I was already sent it to Company's PRO  at OMAN. Now what I should do?

Dear Experts

Is  sending original attested certificates mandatory? The company says say. Nowhere in ROP its mentioned.

Pl. Assist.

Thnx

Dear mpdtz2003,

Attestation by Oman embassy is not a necessary condition unless your employer insists on that.  Normally, speaking, attestation by  HRD and MEA is adequate and apostle is necessary.

Did u get an update on this issue, my company also told me to send the originals.
Which I am hesitant to do ..

For the benefit of all who are having queries regarding sending their original certificates to prospective employers in Oman :

Like I repeatedly say, it is extremely risky to send your original certificates - to any company - however reputed the company might be.

You are still not here yet. How long the labour clearance would take is anybody's guess. Sometimes it could take many months, or even years. That would be just too long for any normal person to sit around and wait for the clearance to be issued. Only after the clearance is received, can companies apply for the employment visa.

Since the whole process is uncertain, sending your original certificates is risky. Sometimes, if there is an inordinate delay, you may never see your certificates again. And you can do absolutely nothing about it, since you will be sitting far away.

It also happens that the prospective company too could lose interest in your case and would start looking at simpler options elsewhere, in which case they would not be bothered about sending you back your educational and other original certificates.

So the risk is entirely on you. Try asking them for some sort of a written guarantee that they are in custody of your original certificates and they would return the same to you in tact within a set period of time.

Tell your company people that you will get the original attested by the HRD and MEA and show the originals once you reach Oman. That would be a much safer option

I persuaded my company HR to issue me an express visa so I can fly down for the MoM to do the certificate verification.