Best social clubs to join in Bahrain

Hi we are a British couple moving from Dubai to Bahrain in the next month.  We would like to join a club. Can anyone recommend a good social club.  We have two bulldogs, does any other members have bulldogs.  I am interested in alternative health, ie. Reiki, Reflexology, meditation, NLP, Hypnotherapy (wife), anyone interested in the same?  We will be in Budaiya area, is that a safe place to be? Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Dear Bulldogfamily,

First welcome to the forum and soon welcome to Bahrain.
There is a big number of clubs in Bahrain. Most of them are centered around a country of origin or a common interest, but most of them (not all though!) are pretty open minded and being a member shouldn't be a headache.
You'll find a short list HERE of some of the existing clubs. Some of them have a website or at least a webpage you can also browse for more information.

Nevertheless, ,I'm afraid that you might not find a club of British-couples-having-bulldogs-and-interested-in-alternative-medicine ! That might be a little too specific :lol:
Anyway, there is a strong British community here and I'm sure you will find some people sharing at least one of your interests.

By the way the British Embassy has a Facebook page which is pretty active. Reading it might help you get in touch with some of the people sharing there.

Hope this was a little helpfull

Cheers !

Olivier

Hi Olivier

Thankyou so much for your response! On reading my original post it does kind of look er...too specific.  We just went over to Bahrain last weekend and I absolutely loved it!  We are very excited and I am sure as you say we will find somewhere that suits us, plus some dog lovers too!!  I really liked the area of Budaiya as it is seems fairly close to nice little restaurants etc.  Thankyou once again for your message and being helpful.

Hey Olivier ;
as usual you still active , and have all the answers in Bahrain :)

Welcome on board Bulldog Family :)

[moderated]

Dear Saleemkhan,

This site is made for expatriates and is about helping eachother to find our way here. A lot of female members are writing here and they are not looking for what you seem so willing to offer.
As a matter of fact, most of them find this kind of post totally inapropriate and I do share that view.

I suggest you to find an adequate website specialized in finding other persons looking for "romantic relationships".

Regards

Olivier

I will happy to join this club

Hi,
I live in the Budaiya area (Barbar) and our 3 year old golden Lab will be flying over from Oz early May....we also have 3 cats!

We are not members of any clubs but the Rugby Club is popular with western expats as well as the Country Club which is also that side of town, there is also Dilmun Club.

The British Club is in Adliya.

All have websites so you can check them out.

I find the area safe enough, occasionally the roads are blocked but usually one knows before hand and you can always detour to avoid the areas.

Good luck with the move and we welcome you to Bahrain

Hi!
We are a british couple living just on the outskirts of Budaiya village near Diraz. Welcome to the gritty side of the island!!!  :)
We have a medium sized terrier and have met loads of lovely people through a group called Dogs day out who tend to met throughout the winter in the dunes and on the beach on a Friday.  I Also work for the BSPCA and we have a Dog walk in January each year - I do recall seeing bullies there!! 
We're not members of any clubs but the Rugby and Dilmun club are closest and have a great social scene.....Dilmun especially are great BSPCA supporters - both do great food!

If you fancy a walk one day let me know - there are a few beach walks we go on that are dog friendly.....most are not 😕

Good luck
michelle

Thanks for the recent posts on this thread. Its good to get updates on older topics.

Farhaz wrote:

Thanks for the recent posts on this thread. Its good to get updates on older topics.

Lol....thanks for pointing that out  :D I hadn't realised til then!!!!

MichellePage wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

Lol....thanks for pointing that out  :D I hadn't realised til then!!!!

Hahaha. I actually meant it  :D

Reviving old topics that are still relevant is actually a good thing. :top:

Hi, FYI there Bahrain meditation centre is located at Um al Hassan and they have daily walk in sessions from 7-7.30 pm daily and a weekly talk concerning topics of self development every tuesday and they are all free of charge as it is a non-profit group. check their website out at http://bahrainmeditationcentre.com/

Cheers!

Good evening