Volunteer or charity work

Hello, did anyone come across any volunteer or charity organization looking for volunteers in Luanda?

do you speak english--would you be willing to teach english on a weekly basis to 11-12 boys in an orphanage/boys' home?  We need volunteers.

Hello Rita, thank u for ur reply,

yes I do speak English very well and  I would be interested, but unfortunately I am leaving angola for one month on july 8, and will be back mid-august,
if by then you still need people, I would be very glad to help,
can you give me more information on the orphanage and do u work as part of an organization?

hope to hear from you soon
Youmna

Hi- for sure we will need people when you get back.  Do you also speak Portuguese?
The home is in the Palanca section of town.  It is run by the Catholic church.  We are an informal group of voluteers who are teaching 2 groups of boys english.  We have a course book which we follow.

hi my name is khama,am a guy aged 26 & i am willing to teach english @ any orphanage in angola this coming august,if you have anything please contact me,i am also a qualified computer technician & business systems analyst.
khama

I am also intersted. I have just send you a mail Rita. I hope  to hear from you.

Hi Rita,
My name is Jen, i arrived here in luanda 2 weeks ago with my husband. I would be happy to help at the orphanage while im here in angola.
Thank you.
Jen

Hello Rita,
My name is Ladan, I will be in Luanda by end of July. I would be happy to help at the orphanage and teach English or any other activity that is necessary to do for orphans.
Best regards,
Ladan

Hi Ladan and welcome to Expat.com!

This thread is dated 2010, you may try to start a new thread in Luanda forum.;)

Harmonie.

Dear Mauritius,
Thank you for your replay.
Ladan

(Moderated)

Hello dear,
I went to Luanda 8 month ago, and I lived there for 3 month. While I was there, I worked as a volenteer in the orphanage house in Viana area. I used to teach English and helping other American and Canadian volunteers to give some attention and love to orphans. I really enjoyed spending time with children who are desperate for love. This orphanage house is fondued by sister Domingas.
Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Ladan

Hi Rita, I am Andy from Australia (living in Portugal). Is volunteer work still available at this orphanage? Please let me know or anyone else that can help for July and August 2015.

Hello Andy, this is Ladan, I live in Seattle and I worked at Sister Domingas orphanage house for 3 months, and I learned and enjoyed it a lot. If you Skype me, I can give you all the information you need. My Skype is Ladan Azizbeigi.

Regards,

Ladan

ladan wrote:

Hello Andy, this is Ladan, I live in Seattle and I worked at Sister Domingas orphanage house for 3 months, and I learned and enjoyed it a lot. If you Skype me, I can give you all the information you need. My Skype is Ladan Azizbeigi.

Regards,

Ladan

As this forum is all about the exchange of information could you please post the information on the forum as there may be others who are interested.
Thank you.

Hello Andy,
You may check the Sister Domingas.org website
Sister Domingas has devoted her life to raise and take care of the children who lost their parents or have been victims of witchcraft. These children are so polite and well behaived. If you can collect as much children clothes as you can, or contact Sister Domingas to check what does she needs, because even a pencil or eraser Or a picture of ice cream make them so happy. Then you can check with ur airline head quarter to allow you to take an extra bag with no charge, if you would like to. I was lucky and when I took an extra luggage, the airline superwiser up graded my ticket to Business Class with no fee 😍. When I was there I was teaching them English, and I was up dating their Face Book account. Let me know if you have any question.

Hi,
I would like to visit this orphanage. Would you give me the adress and phone number please,  I will be in Luanda on Nov.

Thanks.

Hello...i am interested to teach english....
But tell me, is it really free?
no salaries, no board and lodging?
If i will teach voluntarily, how will i survive here in luanda?