Homeschooling-Jeddah?

Can anyone tell me if you are homeschooling in Jeddah? I will be homeschooling my son and was looking for other homeschool families...

good morning..my name is anouar ,,I`m tunisian,,I can help you in courses of french language,,if you are interested call me at 0538757942.

anouar,

How can you help her if you are in madina? have you seen her location? she is in jeddah.

valley-girl,

I am home-schooling my teen but I am not in jeddah. we are French and we use CNED : www.cned.fr since 10 years. it isn't easy, we still feel so lonely.

nasserine, where are you located?  are you still homeschooling?

my children are grown up now and they work almost alone. my husband and I still help if they need us. they have also on line teachers in some difficult courses. I am not in Riyadh neither in jeddah I am in a small tow.

We'll be in Khobar and then Jubail. Do you know if there are any homeschoolers in either of those places?
Thanks!

no I don't. homeschoolers are rare here in Saudi Arabia. especially when children speak French as a first language. I hope you  will find Fellow homeschoolers when you will locate at Khobar or Jubail.
it's very difficult (for both children and adult) to socialize in saudi arabia. school is the only  place where a child can meet mates.

valleygirl
Hi, there
Are you still living in Jeddah and homeschooling?

Hello Valleygirl

Do you know anyone interested in forming a homeschool group or coop in jeddah? I'm seriously thinking of homeschooling my 7th grade daughter.

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Eman

I don't think there are many home schooling groups in Jeddah, I am a primary school teacher, I was home-schooling my 2 daughters and found it very very hard, no libraries, etc, as we are not allowed to drive it makes things worse. Here kids need to go to school to socialize..

Hi
There are many expat families who do online shcooling and are very happy about it. Most starts at secondary school level - at age 11yrs +. There are only about 2-3 that give higher primary schooling at age 9yr plus. Since the online classroom is only 5-10 students strong, there is better teacher-student ratio. That means they can cover the same curriculum as a mainstream school in only about 3-4 hrs a day, 4 days a week,

Here is a list of online schools as compiled in Wikipedia - mainly for US, UK and Canada Wiki List_of_virtual_schools

As for UK schools, apart from those listed, also see...

First College UK
Net-School
BriteSchool

Hello everyone! After searching high and low for a LONG time, I realized that there are quite a few homeschoolers out here! Jeddeh has a quite extensive group with their own website, but it is Muslim based and you must be female to join. (forumcircle.com/index.php)

I have also created a Facebook page for homeschoolers in the Eastern Province. We have already gathered and met a lot of people at different places, so check it out and join us if you are here! (facebook.com/groups/KSAhomeschoolers/)

Winteryrose...
Can I have the name of the homeschooling group in Jeddah. My wife will be interested. .

Sorry, I thought I had copied the link in my post. http://jhn.forumcircle.com/ It is JHN (Jedda Homeschool Network)

Hello everyone!  I will be joining my husband in Jeddah at the end of the summer. We may send our 3rd grader to school IF we get her in, but I have a senior (who wanted to come), so I wanted to homeschool him.  I can still do that, even though he turns 18 next February, right?

I would be happy to help any groups, as I am certified to teach broad-field science in the US (Georgia and NC), grades 6-12.

I've requested info from the K-12 International Academy, but that was only a few minutes ago.  Thoughts?

Hello,

Have you found anyone to homeschool him?
I'm interested in homeschooling my 17 year old daughter?

Parents are worried for their kids :sosad: Parents are looking for better education for their kids but unfortunately Local schools are 100% for commercial business especially in Jeddah.