Do I need to renew my CPR

Hi,
I need some help on my CPR thats about to expire soon in May 2015.
I used to live in bahrain for over 17years, and have left over 3 years ago now. I still own a property in Riffa Views. Do I need to renew my CPR card or not (i am not Bahraini)?
I have tried in vain searching all over the government websites, and have found no numbers I can dial to ask anyone; the international numbers get no replies, my emails to CIO are unanswered, and all the other phone numbers are 8000 numbers that I cannot dial from outside the country...
Can anyone advise please.
thanks in advance,

Have you tried asking real estate agents or even the Riffa Views office?  Commercial places tend to get back to people more regularly (or at all, compared to the government).

You can search the Riffa Views Housing website - it came up first link for me.  There are a few emails and phone numbers to call there.

Best of luck!

If you own property in Bahrain, my advise is to renew your CPR. You can apply for the residence permit as a home owner and with that you can get your CPR renewed. It is a bit of a process though, and you will have to spend some time at Government offices and agencies.

The "helpline" / "hotline" features of most government offices do not work or are unanswered. Most work gets done if we visit the respective office.

As suggested above, Riffa Views may be able to guide you.

Exactly as Farhaz said !

Residence Permit for Self Sponsorship as property owner would be the best way !

+973 1739 9712 "NPRA - Self Sponsorship Section "

They will pick up your call  :top:

Many thanks for your replies. I will give them a call regarding the self sponsorship.

Would anyone know if I really need to renew my CPR though. I dont plan on living in Bahrain at the moment, just am owning the house and renting it out... Would I also need a valid CPR if I wish to sell the house, or would my passport suffice (and of course the proper papers for the property)?

thanks,

for any transaction to be done in Bahrain i believe you would definitely need a CPR.

I suggest you must renew your CPR as nothing moves here without Valid CPR. CPR will only be renewed if you have resident permit. So in first instant visit bahrain an apply for self sponsorship on property owner basis and then renew CPR.😊 I hope this will work.also contact me on my email
Cheenaali@ yahoo. Com