Laundry in nepal

im comparing costs of laundry around different countries and quality of services rendered; and the most expensive and least effective service was in nepal.

they charge $1.50 per kilo ( 48 hours ) or $2.50 ( 24 hours ) and $3.50 ( express 7 hours ) and its not even machine washed; plus they don't iron the clothes and hand them back in the same plastic bag in which they were brought.  several times i had to argue with the laundries that they must package the clothes in a new and clean plastic bag.

if you compare the same service to Thailand or even Cambodia, the price is $1.50 per kilo but it is indeed machine washed, pressed and folded, sprinkled with perfumed water, packaged in new plastic bags and you also get a "thank you sir, please come again" when picking up the laundry.

in nepal when i asked them why my clothes weren't pressed and just stuffed in the same plastic bag they were brought in; the answer was
"you must pay more!!!"

so how can you get the best laundry service in nepal ?
and why is it so expensive compared to other less developed countries ?

Because it is a less developed country than the others? Now with the earthquake chaos, laundry service may become even more unsatisfactory. Pay more to have it ironed. Give them a plastic bag for your clean laundry with your name in ink marker on it. Change the laundry services if possible.  Regard as paying for your laundry as a donation to a lovely country.

jmkrsna wrote:

Because it is a less developed country than the others? Now with the earthquake chaos, laundry service may become even more unsatisfactory. Pay more to have it ironed. Give them a plastic bag for your clean laundry with your name in ink marker on it. Change the laundry services if possible.  Regard as paying for your laundry as a donation to a lovely country.

thanks for the advice; but at that point might as-well do my own laundry at home or invest in a cheap washing machine.

I suggest that with the problems Nepal has at the moment, laundry is very low on the priority scale.

stumpy wrote:

I suggest that with the problems Nepal has at the moment, laundry is very low on the priority scale.

its amazing how you manage to post so much spam all over the site  without ever giving a concrete answer or even a useful insight.

so im sticking to washing my own clothes at home since staying clean is one of my priorities.  plus its a waste of good money to use laundries in nepal due to their lack of efficiency.