Looking for Job in Western Australia

Dear All,

I am a Graduate in Mechanical Engineering from India. I have 8 years of experience in diversified experience in project management and excellent track record for positions in Supply Chain, Operations management.

i am in the half way through in Australian Process. My occupation is Program or Project Administrator (ANZCO Code : 511112). I received Positive outcome from VETASSESS on 27th Nov.2013. From Dec.2013 i am just awaiting for 7 States to update their SOL. But unfortunately my occupation is not available in any of the States which updated SOL lists. Only Western Australia has come up with my occupation in Schedule 2. Where they need an offer letter for 12 months contract.

But unexpectedly on 09.04.2015, i received a Mail correspondence from Western Australian Immigration officer. They have invited me to apply for State Nomination. But as per the WA State Nomination criteria my occupation is listed on Schedule 2 (i.e. they require an Offer letter of Contract employment at least 12 months).

Can anyone help me or suggest me how to get a Job Offer in Perth region or Western Australia. If anyone know any Job Consultants please share with me.

Regards,
Ch.Somasekhar

Hello Ch.Somasekhar,

Welcome on board!

I suggest  you have a look in the Living in Australia guide for articles such as Working in Australia.
These articles might be helpful.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Man i`m a mechanical Engineer Project engineering/maintenance planning. located in Brisbane ... landed 6 weeks ago.. the market here is Horrible.. and strange to some extent. i`m here and i got no replay although my CV is professionally written and my English is very good, changed my preferred name in Resumee to an Anglo-Saxon one (yes it does matter  guess what  :D don`t mention the "R" word here shhh. )
i`m not trying to put you down, but, you have to exert huge manual effort. try contacting all the potential employers who might be looking for some one with your skills. i didn`t migrate with the state sponsorship scheme as i think the (get a job offer then we will consider you) is a Hilarious bureaucratic condition from the federal governments!  Engineering and generally Oil&gas jobs in Australia are in a real mess.
Just try yourself, no body can help you with that. just make sure your CV is well written.

best of luck.

Spiritstallion wrote:

Man i`m a mechanical Engineer Project engineering/maintenance planning. located in Brisbane ... landed 6 weeks ago.. the market here is Horrible.. and strange to some extent. i`m here and i got no replay although my CV is professionally written and my English is very good, changed my preferred name in Resumee to an Anglo-Saxon one (yes it does matter  guess what  :D don`t mention the "R" word here shhh. )
i`m not trying to put you down, but, you have to exert huge manual effort. try contacting all the potential employers who might be looking for some one with your skills. i didn`t migrate with the state sponsorship scheme as i think the (get a job offer then we will consider you) is a Hilarious bureaucratic condition from the federal governments!  Engineering and generally Oil&gas jobs in Australia are in a real mess.
Just try yourself, no body can help you with that. just make sure your CV is well written.

best of luck.

i heard that , if you want to work in australia ,their first priority is their own citizen therefore lot of people suggest to apply a specialized proffesion or some skills that usefull but rare in the country (for example: if you are a doctor and you can cure cancer , i'd guarantee you wont unemployed ever)

and they pleased with appliance that already been in australia with permanent resident visa , which is will be much easier in document arrangement in the future

also dont forget to upgrade your resume everytime