Migration advice

Hi All,

I'm Chris from JHB seeking some advice from someone who went through all the red tape to apply for Red White Red card, EU Blue card, or any other means to live and work in Austria.
I applied for a position knowingly that I need a visa to work there and I have read that one can apply for the Red White Red card to stay in Austria for 6 months to seek employment, but cant find the process to do so. I was hoping that this medium would convince a potential employer to at least consider an interview. Maybe i have it all wrong, Please help.
I was hoping someone could give advice on how they moved to Austria or found work while still here in SA.

Chris

Hi Chris,

How is your German? Also what work would you be looking to do?

Sadly I am no expert with the Red White Red card, but I can look in to it.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply.

I have no German experience I would claim in a CV - although I can catch a phrase or two.

I am into Programme & Project management - started in Electrical engineering in the power generation and distribution industry and ended up in IT Project management through evolution in the work place. I worked in several types of industries over the years (Telco, Rail, Utilities, Business continuity & DR and today I am in the Oil and Gas IS for Retail space). in my original post I mentioned I applied for a position - this was at GE for a Program position not sure if this will go anywhere though. I also noticed on migration.gv.at that Electrical & Power Technical posts are on the short skills list - so I am not fussy to stay in ICT if I can find something in that space where I originally started.

I have tried for several years to get into Belgium and then started to read on Austria and one day I stumbled across the Red White Red card thing but there is no indication if this will actually work to find employment while still abroad.
The main problem is that you need a contract of employment to apply for the EU Blue or other residence and work permits and on the other end you need the previous before an employer will consider you for an interview as a minimum. Employment agencies are also of no assistance in this regard through past experience gained.

I would really appreciate any help i can get .

Thanks again

Chris

I would get in touch with the Expat Centre in Vienna - www.expatcenter.at They will be able to answer your questiions regarding the card.

I hope this will help you.

Simon

Thanks Simon ,

I will look at the website

Regards
Chris

I would recommend you go on to Vienna online. at most information is on that site or can ask. Run by Vienna tourist board. Greetings from Chris Evans.