Working with ADVETI

Hi Everyone

I was offered a Job with ADVETI Back in December 2014 and it has been a struggle. They have been very slow and it is May now and I have still not received my Final Contract. Is this Normal?

I do feel as though I am maybe being penalized (I may not be as they all seemed very friendly and down to earth) as After I had been offered a Job I made them aware that I had an illness which made my hand weak but this did not intrude with my work. My previous work has confirmed this.

I have heard of people who have difficulties or are 100% normal having problems in the UAE Even though there are Laws against this sort of discrimination.

Any advice or comments?? What is this Company really like? Any bad experiences?

Hi,
Having worked in the Middle East previously, I would suggest it's merely a case of sitting on a locals desk unprocessed rather than discrimination - you need to be on their case to get anything done as their admin works at a much slower pace and if you are not starting until August they are probably in no rush. They are still advertising so this could mean they are doing things in 'batches' nearer the start date possibly.

On another point, can you just inform me what you were required to submit for police clearance from the UK? I have an old enhanced DBS and a newer basic DBS and am not sure what they will need as I cannot get an enhanced one as this needs to come from a UK employer.

Hi I was not asked to submit this as ADVETI said that they will do the background checks themselves. However I will need to have my certificates attested.Thanks for your reply