Where can I find recent Resident Visa requirements in english

I went to the costa rican embassy website and the document listing the requirements was in spanish only.

Where can i find the requirements and steps in plain english?

I am not quite sure what you are asking, is this what you are looking for?

Note: that if applying as Rentista, you must make (2) two deposits of $60K., two years apart.

This website also offers good, clear information.

YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING FOR RESIDENCY A BIRTH CERTIFICATE, PROOF OF LIFE TIME INCOME AND LIFE TIME IS IMPORTANT LIKE SOCIAL SECURITY OR A OTHER SOURCE BUT MUST STATE IN WRITING IT IS LIFETIME .  AND A POLICE RECORD FROM WHERE YOU LAST LIVED..    THE REQUIREMENT FOR INCOME IS 1000 A MONTH AT TIME..    THE DOCUMENTS SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN A MONTH OLD YOU THEN SUBMIT THEM TO A LAWYER AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF REST MAKE SURE YOU GET A GOOD LAWYER I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GLC THEY HAVE DONE ME NO GOOD..  THE COST OF LAWYER IS 2000 OR MORE.   YOU CAN STAY ON YOUR US VISA FOR 3 MONTHS AND RENEW IN PANAMA OR NICARAGUA BUT THIS CAN BE ONLY DONE A FEW TIMES OR YOU ARE CONSIDERED A PERPETUAL TOURIST AND IS ILLEGAL BUT AT TIME NOT SO FROWNED UPON BUT BE ADVISED THERE IS TALK OF PENALIZING THOSE WHO DO AND IS SO IS IMMEDIATE DEPORTATION..

Please note that Paul's post above refers to ONE KIND of residency only.  The link in my post above spells out the different residencies.  Also your documents are good for six months unless they have changed this in the last month or so.

Paul Baker, the information you posted, is not exactly correct. "PROOF OF LIFE TIME INCOME" is only required if you are applying as a Pensionado.
As the other forum member explained, there is more than one Residency category, so different ones apply for different applications.

Tell when it became illegal to be a tourist Paul Baker?

Hello Paul Baker

@ Paul Baker : Could you please lower your caps lock when participating on a public forum?

Kenjee
Expat.com Team