School for Indian kids in Jakarta

Hi,

I am living in Delhi and planning to move Jakarta. I want to know about school in Jakarta for Indian Kid.

We are planning to live in Jakarta in Taman Rasuna. My child age is 3+years.

I want to know about High Scope School. Is this good for Indians.

Regards,
Janhvi.

Hi Janhvi!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi..,
I m too familiar with Jakarta area. But can tell you that here are some Indian school in Jakarta Like Gandhi Memorial School and Universal school. You can google it and find its website. That is good Indian school here. Hope this will help

hi jhanvi,

I am also planning to shift my family (one daughter of 5 years age) in next couple of months at taman rasuna, properly from india, rajsthan, please also share ur experience about jakarta location and schools there.

regards,

arpita d.

For 3yrs old kid, good kindergarten near Taman Rasuna is Lollikids Montessori at Ciputra World, Mega Kuningan.

Near Taman Rasuna is a kindergarten called Lollikids Montessori at Ciputra World, Mega Kuningan. They take until 6 years then you need to move to Gandhi Memorial International School at Kemayoran.

You will find a lot of Indians live in North Jakarta and so several schools there cater for that community quite well including Gandhi Memorial (www.gandhijkt.org/) and Universal school (http://www.universalschoolsite.com/abouts.html) in Kemayoran, and Singapore School (www.siskg.com) and Mahatma Gading (http://www.ourbalischools.com/tamanrama.history.html) in Kelapa Gading.

Hi

I m planning to move my family to Jakarta, they are into KG and 4th grade. Could you share your experience and suggest on locations would be ideal for a secure and safe stay.

Regards
Ritesh

Jakarta is a big place and traffic is a nightmare. If you have the choice of moving anywhere you want, I would choose to live somewhere close to the school you choose for your kids. South Jakarta has the most expats and is the most expensive, but there are some quality and safe locations in West Jakarta (Lippo Village, Kebon Jeruk) and North Jakarta as well. There are a lot of Indians in the North Jakarta areas of Sunter/Kemayoran/Kelapa Gading and there are some good value schools in those areas that already have many Indian children.

The school you choose will also then depend on your budget. For the biggest international schools you are looking at over USD20K per year per student even in Primary. Then there are schools at a whole variety of lower budget levels and you often (but not always) get what you pay for in terms of quality.

A good value option is what they call "national plus." That is an unofficial term for schools that are nationally registered as Indonesian private schools but often have a more international approach such as having English as the language of instruction and often have some expatriate teachers and many expatriate students. Some have up to a half of their students and most of their teachers as expats.

If you want to narrow down the area and your budget, I and I'm sure others can give you local feedback on schools in those areas.

Indian pepople hv good respct in indonesia .u can found indian food dresess n lot of school around in jakarta to...shan

Hello,

I am from  rajasthan planning to move Jakarta in august. I want to know about preschools in south or central Jakarta especially for Indian Kids.

Also when does the admissions take place there?

Are admissions in mid session in preschool easily available ?

Regards
Himani

The school term will start just after Ramadan, at the end of July, but schools will accept admissions later (if they have places).
If I may offer a suggestion.
An international school is always better than a single sex, nationality or religious one.
I see the mix as being way to let the kids know more about a wider variety of cultures and ideas - something sadly lacking in the world.

Hi All,

I have been in Jakarta before and stayed there with my family for good 4 years.....in Taman Rasuna only :)

There are 2 good options for 3+: ISEC and Royal Totts ...you can check on there website...depending upon your budget...both with in walking distance :)

Both can take new students even in mid of current term if seats available....btw session already started from 15-April-2015...