Need advice plz

Hi

I need some advise....my friend and i got a job offer in LAE, we both have reasonable stable jobs here in South Africa, we both female. so from reading all the blogs and about the country, i was not sure what to make out the security and safety for two girls living there and making a living in LAE.
It will be much appreciated if someone can shed some light on this topic.
As to if we should consider the offer or to scratch the idea.

Kind regards

My husband and I live in Lae. It is his 2nd year here and I, my first. We haven't faced any life threatening scenarios in all the time we've been here.

We live in a safe, gated housing facility with 24/7 security.

The major shopping centers, pharmacies, restaurants, etc are guarded so you are safe to pop in and out with ease.

I am not saying that it isn't dangerous here. It is BUT you need only to know where to go and where not to go. And the times to travel. There are safe and unsafe zones so familiarize yourselves with these places. Maybe your HR personnel can assist you. Maybe you can ask for a trip to Lae for a week or 2 to assess the place.

Some of the other things that you wouldn't want to do is walk about with money or your phones on you. Don't carry expensive items with you when out.

There are two of you so at least you'll have company. There isn't very much in way of entertainment here so boredom kicks in at times especially during the weekend but make friends and you'll be fine. I haven't been to either of the 2 night clubs here and probably wouldn't go but there's the Yacht club and Golf club where you can have a reasonable meal with drinks and meet new people.

Overall, Lae is a good place to work and live. You just need to be careful.

I hope this helped you.

** I thought I should add that in our old apartment at Lae International Hotel, I befriended a South African couple with their baby boy. So you have fellow countrymen here :)

good morning

Thank you so very much for your reply, that really helped alot for me....

kind regards