New procedures for work and residence permits for tcn's 17/7/14

from the etc website
New Procedures for Work and Residence Permits

Are you a Third-Country National requesting or extending a work or residence permit in Malta?

The Employment and Training Corporation (ETC) and Identity Malta wish to announce the establishment of a one-stop-shop application service for the majority of Third-Country Nationals (TCNs) wishing to reside in Malta for the purpose of work.  This service will commence on the 21st July 2014.

A single simplified procedure, for TCNs, excluding those who fall within the categories listed below, will require the submission by the individual of only one application to the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs at Evans Building, St Elmo Place, Valletta.

This means that employers do not need to submit any applications for their prospective TCN employees. Applications need to be submitted by the prospective employees themselves. However, employers must previously endorse the application.

Does this procedure apply to all TCNs?

The single application procedure will be available to all TCNs other than those who fall within the following categories:

TCNs who are awaiting or have been granted temporary protection and beneficiaries of either international or national protection.
    TCNs who have long-term resident status.
    TCNs who are self-employed workers.
    TCNs who are students recognized under the Students Regulations (Legal Notice 29 of 2008).
    TCNs working in Malta for up to 6 months only.
    TCNs working in Malta on the basis of a visa.
    Posted TCN workers and intra-corporate transferees.

The above will continue to require the two separate procedures at ETC and Citizenship, as per current regulations.

Further information?

Procedures applicable to individual cases are available on www.mhas.gov.mt (MHAS Services  Residence) or by contacting the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs on 2590 4800 or by email on [email protected].

Hello robpw2

Thank you for this share!

Your topic is a sticky one now !

Regards
Kenjee

Hello robpw2,

Do you know if there are any specific rules regarding work permit for intra-corporate transferees of a TCN? My company has an office in Malta and as part of my current job description I deal with our Malta office on daily basis. My Company now considering to relocate me to Malta. Not sure how long it takes to get the work permit for me and my family (all TCN).

It would be a great help if you can provide any information in this regards.

Thanks

TCN Expat wrote:

Hello robpw2,

Do you know if there are any specific rules regarding work permit for intra-corporate transferees of a TCN? My company has an office in Malta and as part of my current job description I deal with our Malta office on daily basis. My Company now considering to relocate me to Malta. Not sure how long it takes to get the work permit for me and my family (all TCN).

It would be a great help if you can provide any information in this regards.

Thanks

Procedures applicable to individual cases are available on www.mhas.gov.mt (MHAS Services  Residence) or by contacting the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs on 2590 4800 or by email on citizenship[at]gov.mt.

hi there, I already have an employer, do you think an original copy of employment contract and a letter from the employer only, would grant my working visa here at the Malta embassy Philippines? Its an urgent hiring.

No.

You or your employer has to apply for a work permit. The work permit is quite complicated and has to go through the European Job Agency . It takes at least several weeks.

That is EU law and there is no quick way through the procedure unless you are a buddy of the PM or one of his ministers.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi there sir, where should i apply a working visa? what should i tell my employer about it? Its seems that they don't know about it because its their first time to hire an TCNs as IT Network Administrator. Hope someone here could help me about this. Thank you so much guys.

Hi,

the procedure is 1) work permit 2) visa to travel to Malta 3 ) application for residency for the duration of your work contract.

As a non- EU citizen your future employer has to apply for your work permit. Check the Guidelines :

http://etc.gov.mt/Resources/file/Resour … _05_15.pdf

Cheers
Ricky

Hi guys, just a quick question, how long it takes the process of getting a working permit after applying for it?

Thanks,
Antonio

My friend got it after 8 months :mad:

wow really? I just hope that is not the standard procedure

If you are an EU citizen you don't need a work permit !

If not , you might not even get a work permit .

8 months is very unusual! Normally your application will be turned down within 3 months or granted.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,
well I am an EU citizen but unfortunately Croatia is still on the restriction list until the 2018, so I still need a working permit

You are right !  I was not aware that there is still the exception for Croatian citizens.

What job are you / did you apply for?

The better your qualifications are the better your chances are. It will go through the European job agency and your future employer will have to prove that no EU applicant wanted the job.

The details are on the ETC website.

Ricky

Well I will look for something in the hospitality industry, since I have done it for the last 6 years (Cruise lines, fine dining restaurants, golf clubs) so I've got the necessary experience :)
Hopefully I will strike some good deal

Also, I have a TCN friend, who got married to Maltese, and still waiting for the ID (since December)....This is Malta....
Basically ,   3 months is minimum u'll wait.... :huh:

Hi Ricky...I told my employer to process my work permit and she called the ETC and the enbassy there in malta...and she was told that they dont need to process my work permit. I have to process it when i get there...I'm a TCNs...i already have a invitation letter for the embassy from them stating my purpose and the accommodation that they will shoulder and also 2 months schengen travel insurance...and a contract letter that i will work for more than 6 months...18 months to be specific....

Im looking forward for your reply...
Thank you so much for sharing your ideas.

Cheers
Ronmar

Then all sounds well  subject to your work permit application being approved after you arrive in Malta.

They could have applied for your work permit as you are not in Malta but you can apply yourself when you are here . Your employer will have to sign the application.

I wish you luck getting the visa to travel to Malta.

What is your actual question ?

Cheers
Ricky

Hi rick my question is do you think my working visa will be approved by the embassy without an work/ residence permit?
Because my employer said that I'm going to apply my work/ residence permit in person at the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs in Malta when i get there.

That's difficult to say ! But with your documents it should be ok. Make sure your health insurance is valid long enough to get you through the process and to Europe before it expires.

The best option would have been for your employer to apply for your work permit. The work is qualified so it should not have been a problem.

Ricky

akustera wrote:

Well I will look for something in the hospitality industry, since I have done it for the last 6 years (Cruise lines, fine dining restaurants, golf clubs) so I've got the necessary experience :)
Hopefully I will strike some good deal

chances for you to get work permit for such kind of jobs are slim to none
the employer needs to prove that he can't hire someone on the island for that job, so he must make an add for such job and then they get lot's of applications

but good luck anyways

Hi everyone, how long does it usually take for ETC to release the work permit?

I'm from the Philippines and my employer applied for me in August (3rd week, i think). It's almost 3 months and it's still pending. I have another friend who got her work permit last week, yet she applied a month later than me. Btw, we were offered a job by the same employer as an audit senior. I'm getting a little anxious waiting for the permit. I really want this job.

Hi Rick, I want to thank you for answering all my question... I'm currently working on my requirements for single permit, probably I'll be sending it tomorrow. My question is my employer also hired a housekeepers/nanny, Do you think they have bigger chance to have a work permit also?

Difficult to say, It all depends on the labour market test ! A home-based carer /nanny probably does not need the test depending on the job specifications.

A TCN IT worker would need to show that no other EU / Maltese worker is available for the job.

All the details are laid down in the ETC Guidelines.

Cheers
Ricky

I am currently looking for a job as a environmental manager.  I would like to go to Malta and there find a job. I am not from a European Union country. Is there any chance to get a job in that way.
Kind regards
Magdalena

I would like to know if anyone perhaps have dealt with this.
I am a NON EU Mom to a Minor EU child, we are looking to move to Malta and I received a job offer.
I am sure there are some exemptions as my son is a EU citizen.

Where do I ask about this?
Has anyone does this?
What is the procedure for a long stay permit, if I have a job offer?

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards
Melissa

Hmm ID card system about to collapse - - http://www.independent.com.mt//articles … 6736172094

very Important information. Thanks a lot :)

Depending on your salary, and a letter from the employer explaining why your role is vital it's super straight FWD. Higher the salary will simply expedite the processing time

i think  processes for new work permit is MQRIC ans SPA