Struggling to find an accomodation [URGENT]

Hi folks!

(Les français n'hésités pas à m'envoyer un message si vous pas trop compris le topic)

Before I start, if there is any frenchies reading this topic and did not understand all about it, I can explain it in french just private message me. That being said let's get to the point.

So, as you must have already noticed in the title of the topic, I am really STRUGGLING to find find myself an affordable place to stay in London, and it's now my main priority since I'm starting my internship on the 4th of May. So that is why I came to you guys.

I hope you guys could provide me with any kind of help like websites where I could do some research, people you know who are willing to sublet a room or even if you guys have something affordable for me, let me know. I am also willing to share rent if you want (I'm 19 years old, so I would be nice to have a mate kind of the same age).

Concerning my budget => Approximatively 200£ pcm - 50£ pw

If your not an expat yet we could and want to go to London and willing to share rent, then we could split a 400£ pcm rent in two.

Again my internship begins next monday so it is really URGENT!!

That's it folks!
Thank you in advance for your help and solidarity!
All the Best!

Yass

yassinguibbs wrote:

Hi folks!

(Les français n'hésités pas à m'envoyer un message si vous pas trop compris le topic)

Before I start, if there is any frenchies reading this topic and did not understand all about it, I can explain it in french just private message me. That being said let's get to the point.

Hi Yassin,

You can post the same thread on the Francophone forum as well, so the Frenchies (your word, not mine), can read it, and hopefully respond:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4277

So, as you must have already noticed in the title of the topic, I am really STRUGGLING to find find myself an affordable place to stay in London, and it's now my main priority since I'm starting my internship on the 4th of July. So that is why I came to you guys.

London is huge. Depends where you're looking to live, but there is always something available for all sorts of budgets (although it's quite challenging to find a decent place for £50 pw). Obviously the closer to the centre, the more expensive it gets.

I hope you guys could provide me with any kind of help like websites where I could do some research

Gumtree.com?

Again my internship begins next monday so it is really URGENT!!

I'm confused. You said 4th of July. That isn't next Monday. Do you mean 4th of May?

Good-luck!

Thank you for your fast reply XB23, yes I made a mistake i meant 4th of may. and gumtree.com, I'm going to check it out right away.

Hi. Try roombuddies web site. Where abouts in london you have looked? The budget is very low in the area..you do have additional budjet for utilities?

Thanks for your answer Eeva, I have looked around in London and Greater London but nothing for now, I'm going to check out roombuddies see if I can find anything.

spareroom.co.uk/

Anonyme45 wrote:

spareroom.co.uk/

Thank you, I didn't know that website  :top:

Hey Yassin

first thing before you move to a country : do your research !! You can't be coming here and not even know the basic sites for room search and asking people for help when you did not even bother looking up for existing sites for rental here!

Also try to post on some facebook group (french in london for instance) and let them know what you are looking for.
Often there are guys on a budget looking for cheap accommodation as well, try to see if you can team up with one of them.
Make your add more specific if you want people do be able to help you : all we know is that you are looking for a shared room. Where about are you looking for ? what place of london ?

Did you find something yet ? I see you're supposed to start work tomorrow ?

I know I'm late to respond, but if anybody else wants to rent an apartment in London, there is a good website: tranio.com/united-kingdom/. There are more than 400 offers in London ranging from £ 70 to 5,260 per night. Among the cheapest areas are Acton, Anerley, Blackheath, Charlton, Finchley, Forest Hill, Osterley, Twickenham and Wanstead.

Mimila wrote:

Hey Yassin

first thing before you move to a country : do your research !! You can't be coming here and not even know the basic sites for room search and asking people for help when you did not even bother looking up for existing sites for rental here!

He's only 19, still a teen, give him a break. We all have shortcomings in our plans at that age due to lack of experience.

XB23 wrote:
Mimila wrote:

Hey Yassin

He's only 19, still a teen, give him a break. We all have shortcomings in our plans at that age due to lack of experience.

Come on, you must admit it's like saying : do the job for me please ! When you ask for help, at least do the minimal efforts on your side, not complicated to understand, especially when about a thousand people already asked the very same question.

That being said, I'm still helping him anyway.

One possible thing to help - remember the tube.
That handy transport system means you can live away from your job but still get to work easily, if a bit of a cattle wagon style journey.\
That massively expands your search area, but factor in the added cost of transport.

Mimila wrote:
XB23 wrote:
Mimila wrote:

Hey Yassin

Come on, you must admit it's like saying : do the job for me please ! When you ask for help, at least do the minimal efforts on your side, not complicated to understand, especially when about a thousand people already asked the very same question.

That being said, I'm still helping him anyway.

I don't know about you, maybe you were well-traveled and experienced by the time you were only 19. But for me, and I assume most others, we were not, and asking experienced people was a far better idea than trying to figure out how to do it alone. If others have the answers and knowledge, I don't see the point wasting time trying to find it out for yourself, when you can ask them, and they will happily tell you. And you're less likely to mess up, as they talk from experience, so their help is more beneficial than your own research. You might end up finding out the hard way that your research wasn't accurate. So it's wiser to get help from those who actually experienced it and know how things work.