Banking in Brussels

Hello dear members,

Can you recommend some financial institutions i.e. Commercial Banks in Brussels?

What about their facilities they offer? For example: [Internet Banking, Credit Facilities, ATM's machine availability throughout the city]

How the mentioned institution(s) has(ve) facilitated or facilitate your life?

Please do not hesitate to share your experience on the Expat-Blog community.

Thank you in advance for your future contribution.

Apparently I am having my bank set up with is Dexia. I have no idea whats its like as a bank just my B/Fs dad said he will sent one up with his bank for me. However I do know they are plenty of cash machines etc for it but do you always have to go inside the bank when deposit etc. In england I currently use Abby and that allows me to deposit at ATMs. Any advice

Hello dear
I intend to come to Bruxelles but I don't have any friend there. I was surfing the internet and suddenly I found you. Are you living in Bruxelles? Can you help me when I arrive to Bruxeles?
If you could do that I would appeciate it

Yeah I got ur inbox messages I rplyed

dexia seems a dangerous choice right now..??!! but they are planted of others...

I bank with the ING and the service is fine, I have no complaints.

Yeah indeed ive taken all my money out of Dexia but then again they may learn from UKs Northen Rock problem and it will be ok

Hello - Can anyone advise on how to open a Belgian bank account for a non Belgian? Any specific documentation, etc required? Many thanks!!

You need a passport or national identity card to open a Belgian bank account. If you don't yet have a Belgian address, you use your current address abroad, you won't be able to get a bank card or withdraw any money from the account, but you can deposit money. We did it by phone in advance.

Hello Jody,

Take contact with ING or KBC, they will provide all informations :

https://www.ing.be/en/retail/pages/index.aspxhttps://www.kbc.be/site//~E/Private_ind … YPE=header