Healthcare in Montenegro

Hi,

how does the healthcare system work in Montenegro ? Is it efficient ?

What are the main differences between public and private sectors?

Is it recommended to purchase private health insurance in Montenegro?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience !

Julien

Julien wrote:

how does the healthcare system works in Montenegro ? Is it efficient ?

Slowly if it is not urgent.

Julien wrote:

What are the main differences between public and private sectors?

Private sector is faster and most efficient. You dont have to wait hours for exam at doctor. Public sector is more or less efficient with urgent cases.

Julien wrote:

Is it recommended to purchase private health insurance in Montenegro?

There is no other then private insurance except if you are working for domestic company. Private insurance cost (I think) something like more then 30evro monthly but doesnt cover everything.

Hi Leftfield1!

Thanks a lot for your input ;)

Armand

In Podgorica there is the private Codra Medical center/clinic. We where there for some consultations. Doctors were excellent and reliable. Conversation in english is possible. Appointments were made prompt. Payment in cash or CC.

Thank you for contributing European! :)

Aurélie

Government is slow and often require "money under the table". I have found the quality extremely bad and not modern.

Private healthcare is modern, English speaking.

My son broke his arm here. The government hospital x ray machine was not working ! We went to private and were quickly treated and I was impressed with the service and quality of care.

Ellen

Hi,

In order to help expats and soon-to-be expats, we would like to invite you to share your experience on this topic, with updated info on the healthcare system.

Thank you in advance,

Julie
Expat.com Team