Bank Account in Romania

Hi all

Please could you inform me about banking in Romania about online internet banking.
Which bank does support English language,not operation prices and the best custumer support?

im looking forward for your answers
Thanks for your attention :)

I believe that most of the banks here offer internet banking in English. As to charges and customer service they really do vary form bank to bank and branch to branch.

Hi

I have been living in Romania for the past 7 - 8 years had a few banks I now have an ING account Romania and English and inter net

Good bank and very helpful

Cliff

I use BRD, they have English internet banking but I don't like the system for making transfers. My husband has Raiffeisen and it's much better :)

Also use Raiffeisen. Never had any serious problems with them; transfers are pretty simple, interface is clear and easy to use. They charge you for everything, but I think that's the norm for most Romanian banks.

Oh yeah, they charge bigtime here! Only when you transfer from Reiffaisen to Reiffaisen it's not that bad. But for international transfers I recommend Transferwise.

Go to ING bank. You will have no problems

I had one problem with ING and all the other banks - you have to have a registration certificate from Romanian immigration office or some other VERY official document with your address written on it (here or in your home country). Otherwise they can't make an account. Only BRD has a special service for expats. Or at least that was the case when I tried to make a bank account :)

Yes, the regulations are now being enforced. So if you are an EU citizen you will need to get a Certificat de Inregistrare. If you are a non EU citizen, you will need a residents permit.

You can contact me for more details

We use Banca Transilvania. Very good telephone support in English & excellent English interface on the website. Some of the terms they use are a bit alien but once you get the hang of what they mean Internet banking is fine.

MaikiL wrote:

Oh yeah, they charge bigtime here! Only when you transfer from Reiffaisen to Reiffaisen it's not that bad. But for international transfers I recommend Transferwise.

Please can I ask what Transferwise is?

Its a peer-to-peer money transfer service.