Salary Range

Dear All,
After going through all the details, what should I do if I want to shift to malaysia:

1. What should be the good salary range for a family of 3, me, my wife & 3 year old daughter., so that I can stretch out as much as possible from employer.
2. I am also planning for my daughter's education there.
3. I am the only earning member, although my wife is qualified enough to do the job, She is master degree holder in Mathematics & have around 4 years of teaching experience.
4, What to do if she is interested in doing the job & how can she get the teaching job.
5. How much I would be able to save there after all the expenses. (Accommodation, food, electricity & water bill, Internet, telephone, school fees, tax, insurance & miscellaneous)
6. Please consider following things in mind before making any comment:
  a. My present salary is 10 lacs INR/per annumm & I have 10 years of experience.
  b. I am able to save around 40K per month.
  c. My  parents are also dependent on me.

1. What should be the good salary range for a family of 3, me, my wife & 3 year old daughter., so that I can stretch out as much as possible from employer.
You will need a minimum salary of  RM15-18k per month (with your parents here with you)

2. I am also planning for my daughter's education there.
From RM2.5k per month

3. I am the only earning member, although my wife is qualified enough to do the job, She is master degree holder in Mathematics & have around 4 years of teaching experience.
Depending on her experience your wife may be the best person to try and get a job in Malaysia in one of the numerous international schools. If she is not currently teaching, then this wont work.

4, What to do if she is interested in doing the job & how can she get the teaching job.
Apply for jobs both of you.
Teaching jobs may be easier but continuity would be required. Otherwise no work likely to be possible.
Jobs are only available in a few selective areas, mainly IT-related or some specialized engineering talents.

5. How much I would be able to save there after all the expenses. (Accommodation, food, electricity & water bill, Internet, telephone, school fees, tax, insurance & miscellaneous)
RM4-5K (based on above salary and moderate lifestyle)

The above is based on local conditions - work out your current earnings and savings in RM using an online exchange so you can interpret this information.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
My parents would be staying in India only. I have to send money after every 3 months. SO, please consider this. My wife has not done teaching for the past 4 years , so what in this case.
If I plan to go alone for one year & then I would be calling my spouse & daughter, can this idea work.
My employer will offer max to max 13000 RM/PM.
What should I ask more from them.
I really live a simple & moderate life style & no car.
Please figure out the correct apporixmation of salary range  under this criteria & my work experience & current salary range.
Thanks

Actually, your question is something completely different. Also if you are a brain surgeon your earnings potential is different from a software engineer. You have not mentioned what you do.

Can you as a single person survive on RM13k per month. The answer is yes.

The tax bands for 2015 are as follows (link to HASIL) Take your annual salary, apply the rates sequentially, then divide by 12 to get your monthly tax payment. If your salary is part way just multiply the part-amount by the % and add that amount to the previous total in the right hand column.

http://www.hasil.gov.my/goindex.php?kum … mp;sequ=11

0-5,000                0%                                                 
5,000-10,000      1% RM50
10,001-20,000    1%  +RM100
20,001-35,000    5%  +RM750
35,001-50,000   10%  +RM1,500
50,001-70,000   16% +RM3,200
70,001-100,000   21% +RM6,300
100,001-250,000  24% +RM36,000
250,001-400,000  24.5% +RM36,750
Exceeding 400 000  25%  (+?)

Monthly living expenses are RM2k accommodation and RM2.500 for everything else.

When your family join you add another RM3,000 per month in expenses.

Thanks for your quick response.

I am working as a R&D Profession in a pharmaceutical company & have experience of 10 years.
Please provide the details.

Sounds like a low salary if you are a PhD holder doing research. Thought pharmaceuticals paid much better.

You can find a salary guide on this thread

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=455296

Thanks But I am not PhD, I have done masters.
Please reply.

Read the Salary level document - you have had it presented to you twice now!

If you cant find your exact job, compare a job here (outside of IT) with one in your home country to see the sort of level differences or similarities.

when u ask a question for people not living in your country, you have to talk in international standards.. for example, we are not indians to understand what the hell is "10 lacs INR" !!! at least you have to convert it into USD and use international number format (x,xxx,xxx.xx)

Hi,
I have been offered a salary of 3500 USD per month including the taxes. Can anybody please elaborate how much i would be able to save per month within the following criteria: & also the detailed expenses in the following sections:

1. Tax
2. Accomodation
3. Food expenses & others
4. Water/Electricity
5. Internet/Mobile
6.Transportation
7. Insurance
8. Miscellaneous

We are three in family, me my wife & 3 year daughter. Daughter will be going to school next year.

Looking for urgent reply as I have to revert back.

p23031982   - Cant answer because it all depends on what your budget is going to be for say housing and that will depend on where you live, and therefore where you work. It also depends on how high quality schooling you select. Insurance -for what?  Transportation - are you going to rent a car?

Tax is 25% for first 182 days when you are classified as non-resident. Then the normal tax steps based on annual salary divided into 12 monthly payments. If you look a few postings above, you can work out your own income tax easily.

COL is 30% higher roughly in Malaysia than India, so to be on a par with current salary you need to earn 30% more as an absolute minimum. Being an expat is always more expensive than living in your own country on top of that, because options are limited e.g. cheapest accommodation is not available to expats.

But earlier you said My employer will offer max to max 13000 RM/PM.  - now you say USD3,500 (x c. 3 to get RM).

HI Thanks for your prompt response.
They have offered me USD 3500, but salary negotiations are still going on. What I wrote in the last posting was minimum expense in all the area without any lavish life, means for accommodation (Semi furnished) how much will be the cost, for Food expenses (maximum at home by cooking) how much, how much for Electricity/Water/Telephone/Internet, how much for medical Insurance (would it be possible to take medical Insurance from India), Transportation charges (In general), etc & what would I be able to save after all these expenses.
Secondly I want to ask, I am planning for my daughters education from next year onwards then what should be the salary range including all other expenses.
Currently in India I am able to save around 800 USD per month after all the expenses.
Please provide the detailed explanation.
Looking for prompt response.
Thanks

The company has to provide health insurance it is the law in Malaysia, but they will  probably deduct the cost from your salary as well as tax. You would need coverage for your wife and daughter. On RM10,500 (C. USD3,500) I think you will be able to save the same as in India right now.

I think you would benefit from doing some reading of postings on the Forum about COL and other people's job offers (they are easy to find) because all the information and discussion has been gone through numerous times.

You sound exceedingly confused and unable to analyse anything, which is not a good basis for making a life-changing decision.