Checking Traffic violations online

Hey there!

I have lived in Bahrain for over a year now and am still learning the what's what around here. In October I got a parking ticket because I didn't pay the meter which I sadly did not see. I was told to pay it online. Since then, I have continuously gone online, entered my details, and the website still says I do not have any violations. Is it normal for the tickets to take so long to appear or should I go somewhere and sort this out? Will there be a penalty for waiting so long to pay it? What about the costs of parking tickets?

Thanks in advance!

Probably best that you visit the ministry of transport in Isa Town near the national stadium. They are very helpful there

Thank you for the advice I will do that. :)

regularly the parking ticket cost from 5 to 10bd , and as for penelty for wiating to pay there are'nt any, but when you go to register the car annually then they will ask you to pay for the registration to be completed, and for paying online its sad that they dont get updated regularly , but as Jo said go to the ministry of traffic to settle things done there so you can ease your continuos and mind :))

best of luck Honey Combs

Well that is good to know at least that I am not busy racking up a large amount of money in penalties hehe.
Thanks a million for the info!

The best place to check on traffic violations is on the e-government website: http://www.bahrain.bh/

Click on "Individual" and then look for "Payment of Traffic Contraventions" under "Utilities and Infrastructure". All traffic offences pending court order or penalty will appear here. This will help you keep track of your traffic offences.

You can pay online - but like mujtaba19 mentioned, the system is not updated automatically. If you do pay online, then you will have to go running around at the Traffic Directorate trying to reconcile the online payments records to the offences records - not a pleasant thing to do, trust me!

I too advise you, like mujtaba19, to settle all your dues when you take the vehicle for its annual inspection and registration. This will take you about an hour longer but much more convenient than paying online and then struggling to help the Traffic Directorate get their reconciliation in order!!! No penalties for delayed payment so far, so no need to worry about that.

You can also be a good citizen and visit the traffic directorate as soon as you get your traffic offence notification and pay up immediately and clear your records. I used to do that until I found out that the traffic authorities do not really care if you pay immediately or once a year.

The government website requires one to register for eKey but can only do that if you have a smartcard. I work in KSA and only have a paper CPR.  There doesn't seem to be a general "search for violations" facility without registering.

How do I check to see if I have any traffic violations - I have a Bahrain registered car?

hi,

i guess the only other option is visiting traffic directorate and paying there. (the main building)

if someone else has more info i am sure they will reply back

T&R

rasb wrote:

The government website requires one to register for eKey but can only do that if you have a smartcard. I work in KSA and only have a paper CPR.  There doesn't seem to be a general "search for violations" facility without registering.

How do I check to see if I have any traffic violations - I have a Bahrain registered car?

If your "paper CPR" has a number, you can use that number to get the "eKey"

I think you can only register a car in Bahrain if you have a CPR number. Not sure about this though - I could be wrong.

If all else fails, then you could visit the Traffic Directorate and settle directly, as logical Indian suggested.

Same experience.  I registered for an eKey, went online and simply couldn't find the violation.  Now 3 weeks later, it is still not there :)

I sent the company driver to the traffic directorate to pay it on my behalf.  Easier and less hassle in the future.

We have the new speed/red light cameras right outside of Riffa Views and they fire off all the time in what is best described as "spray and pray".  A few people here swear by the traffic app to check and see if their car was caught by the camera.  So far no one has had anything come up but the app has alerted a few people to a violation.

Bahrain Government has an App Store - I can't vouch for how good the apps are but they are available for Apple and Android.

Link posted below - if it doesn't show I just googled "Bahrain eGovernment Apps"

https://apps.bahrain.bh/CMSWebApplicati … toreAction

Although the paper CPR number is sufficient to buy and register a car, it is NOT good enough to register for the eKey and so check whether there are any violations, etc... Wonderful eh?

So finally , I get the answer I have been searching from long !

With a paper CPR , one can get a Bahraini car in his name  :|