England Visa help

Anyone have first hand experience

My husband has just got his passport he's gone and got a bank he's going to put 3000 English in it he's got a letter from me inviting him for a 1 month stay a letter off his work and my bank statements

But I don't work anymore in England so will this hinder his chances he's supporting himself paying for everything himself and the family visiting visa doesn't say I have to be working just wanted someone's first hand experiance

Hello alessavalerio1982

Since your post is relevant to the England visa system, your thread has been moved to the England forum to increase your chances of positive response.

Could you please be more clear in what you wish to know?

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Try to talk with a lawyer first xxx he s gonna advice you

Try to be much clear

Let him apply the Visa under general visit category, there is a section where he will tick for personal full sponsorship, which will allow him to submit the bank statements.  You just need to send him an invitation letter only.

Put the question in your native language.

He will be coming over on a short holiday visa and if he can provide an itenary plus proof of supporting funds and if he stays with you, a letter of invite, all will be fine. Remember, our border agency are very helpfull and legit cases hava no problem. Make sure tho you follow and meet the visa issuing requirements and you should have no issues :)

can one come to the U.K. on a visitors visa and then aply for right of abode? if ones parents came from England?

lanipoet wrote:

can one come to the U.K. on a visitors visa and then aply for right of abode? if ones parents came from England?

You need to give more information.

What is you home country?

I hate to say it but you come across as a non native speaker of English.

Please give more information.

SimCityAT

I am an Australian of English parents who were born in northern England circa 1908.....I speak extremely good English ... i just needed to know if one has the right of abode ,does one have to apply before or after  going to England?

If your parents were British then you are British. All you have to do is bowl down to your local embassy / consulate and apply for a passport. You will need your parents birth certificates and marriage certificate and your own birth certificate.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

All you need to know. If your hubby is an Ozzy, he will have little issue getting what he needs. Follow the above link as reference.....just DONT get to the border agency staff and start spewing crap about the ashes as he might as well then just stay at home!! (just a joke in-case you were wondering) oh and yes, and do have to agree, I also struggled to follow your question.. hope you get sorted!

lanipoet wrote:

I am an Australian of English parents who were born in northern England circa 1908.....I speak extremely good English ... i just needed to know if one has the right of abode ,does one have to apply before or after  going to England?

lanipoet

Forgive me, if I sounded out of line  I think the above/below comments have said that all needs to be said.

I must add that I think you should contact the Embassy at home. Rules and laws are changing at a rate I can not keep up myself. and I like to to be in in the clue.

Simon

hello Sim,

UK has a system of allowing nationality to a person if he or she can prove that his parents / grand parents originated from the UK.

A lot of information is available on the net which is not necessarily up to date, therefore I suggest you acquire as much info from the net, you may need to hire an immigration lawyer in case you are not sure.

People  living in the north of England (Lancashire / Yorkshire) have a horrible english accent  though. You might have improved after going to Australia. ( But Australian accent is even worst). :lol:

riazcdki....at least we can spell.....

Haway man, ya na that's not fair. I divna wat ya takinn aboot me riazcdki friend.

thank you for that information ...

cheeky hahahah

Thanks for your help guys......  will callthe U.K. embassy here...... :)

Hiya,
How about me, can anyone give me advice, please. I'm Indonesian. I'm married to an English man at December 2009 in Indonesia. I came to London at March 2010 and lived there with my husband until December 2012. I back home because of my sister got married. But then, my husband want to divorce me. He always says that he want to divorce me, but never do it until now. And now I want back to London to looking for a job. What kind of visa I can get if my husband don't want to be my sponsor?
Kind regards,
Ninin

I assume you do not have "indefinite leave to remain"?

What kind of stamp do you have (visa) in your passport?

It seems to me that if you are married but you have no visa, you need your husband to cooperate to get a new visa. Without his cooperation if you do not have an indefinite leave to remain I see no way you can get a visa except for the same way that everyone else can.

rustygecko wrote:

I assume you do not have "indefinite leave to remain"?

What kind of stamp do you have (visa) in your passport?

It seems to me that if you are married but you have no visa, you need your husband to cooperate to get a new visa. Without his cooperation if you do not have an indefinite leave to remain I see no way you can get a visa except for the same way that everyone else can.

I have spouse visa before, but it already end now.

So you've stayed here for over 2 years. Were you not entitled to apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)? Now that he's divorced you, I don't think that's possible to apply for any more. It appears your only option is to apply for a work visa.

Incidentally - it is now 5 years.

End of spouse visa and no cooperating spouse - end of time in the UK. You are now exactly the same as if you had never been to the UK.

rustygecko wrote:

Incidentally - it is now 5 years.

You need to have been living in the UK with a ‘partner of a settled person' visa for:

2 years if you applied for your visa before 9 July 2012
5 years or 10 years if you applied for your visa on or after 9 July 2012

That's good. But I assume it would of been the 2 years option for her since she received her visa in 2010.

Anyway, to be honest, I don't think it looks good to immigration officers who will look at any future visa application, and see that you came here via a spouse visa initially, and now want to return for work. I don't know, but it gives the impression you married to gain entry into the country, basically for immigration purposes. And now that hasn't worked, you want to try another route. It doesn't look good to be honest. That's just the way I see it.

XB23 wrote:

So you've stayed here for over 2 years. Were you not entitledd to apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)? Now that he's divorced you, I don't think that's possible to apply for any more. It appears your only option is to apply for a work visa.

My husband said that he want to divorce me, but he never did it. We separated, he's in England and I'm in Indonesia. But, he always send me money for my daily need every month. Legally I still his wife. I've ever apply for renewal my spouse visa, but till the day I should back home to Indonesia the prosess of my visa not finish yet, so I withdrawn it. Then I back home. We separated almost the same time we living together in London. What do you think better for me to do?
Thanks,
xx

Nins,

It seems your British husband has a big heart. He had been remitting you funds for your upkeep during all these years even after you were separated . I believe he has no legal bindings to do so, he feels morally obliged.

If you two are still officially married, your husband can arrange you to come to the UK. Do you have any kids with him? :unsure

While this is possible if he cooperates, the Borders Agency may be suspicious that in fact it's no longer a real relationship due to not seeing each other - but if the husband will cooperate - try.

Nins72 wrote:
XB23 wrote:

So you've stayed here for over 2 years. Were you not entitledd to apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)? Now that he's divorced you, I don't think that's possible to apply for any more. It appears your only option is to apply for a work visa.

My husband said that he want to divorce me, but he never did it. We separated, he's in England and I'm in Indonesia. But, he always send me money for my daily need every month. Legally I still his wife. I've ever apply for renewal my spouse visa, but till the day I should back home to Indonesia the prosess of my visa not finish yet, so I withdrawn it. Then I back home. We separated almost the same time we living together in London. What do you think better for me to do?
Thanks,
xx

I don't think you can renew a spouse visa if you're no longer living together because of separation. I might sound like an overly optimistic person, but if there is a possibility of re-uniting, then that should be the focus, since you're still officially married to him, and lived for over 2 years with him. If however there is no chance of ever resuming the relationship, and that he's since moved on, then I don't see any other option than the route of applying for a visa like any other person who wants to work here.

Or the other option, which rustygecko suggested, is if your husband wants to cooperate, then he can try to do something that will allow you to re-enter with a spouse visa as you're still married (even though the intention my not be to resume the relationship). But as he said, it will have it's suspicions, as you've lived apart for quite some time, and so will probably have to explain that to their satisfaction why that was the case. But this route is probably a lot easier than the work visa route, unless you can take up a job very much in demand. With non-skilled work, that would be very tough, as they usually employ those from across the continent as they don't require a visa.

@XB23, @rustygecko, @riazcdki:

Thank you very much. Maybe better for me to go to British Embassy Jakarta to ask their advice. I want back to London to get a job. I don't think of it before, because I just want to be a house wife. But, soon my husband want to divorce me, I back as a career woman in Indonesia. Now I thinking, working here in Indonesia don't get a good salary as in London. Why I don't back to London as my husband just saying want to divorce me without doing anything. Here in Indonesia I'm single, there in London I'll be a single too but with a good income, then why I'm not moving to London? Most of my foreign or local friends said that I'm stupid and silly about the visa and opportunity I had, my husband said I'm naive, but I think that I don't want to do something that I don't want to at that time (I just want to be a wife, beside of my husband) :sosad:

Now the life give me challenge, I must life and struggle by myself, and just end of this academic year I think I want back to London and get a job there. I resign, want to apply of UK visa, but don't know what should I do, what kind of visa I should apply. Sadly, it becomes so complicated and difficult for me now... :(  Anyway, any advise what should I say to the British Embassy Jakarta if they ask me why I want back to London?

Thanks,
xx
PS for riazcdki, I have no children

I don't think they will advise you about that (still go if you want). As that's usually the job of immigration lawyers. I think you need to deal with the marriage issue first. It doesn't make sense to me why he's sending monthly payments, without being required too, yet not doing anything about a divorce. It's just complicating matters. As you're still married to him, maybe there is a possibility that he can help you return on a spouse visa. I guess that's something you can look into.

"It doesn't make sense to me why he's sending monthly payments, without being required too,"

One can tell that you do not understand our culture nor Christian culture.

"....yet not doing anything about a divorce. It's just complicating matters. "

I see no complication. The husband cannot divorce her without consent before a 5 year separation. After only 2 years he needs the wife's consent.

"I see no complication. The husband cannot divorce her without consent before a 5 year separation. After only 2 years he needs the wife's consent."

I said long long time ago that I will give sign if he send me the divorce letter, but he didn't do it. Until I said that me who will do it from Indonesia if he didn't do it, I gave him time till the new year 2014. He said OK, but didn't do it. Then, I sent him the divorce documents from Indonesia that he need give sign, but he never sent it back to me neither talk about it. If I ask about it, he didn't answer it but about the lawyer. It was more than a year and he did nothing, neither his lawyer, though I've already put extra letter of agreement that I do not want anything from him and I do not asking any money for me after the divorce. But, it just go no where till now. So, what should I do??? And now, just the end of this academic year, I want go to London... I really want to go there to looking for a job and will not depend on him anymore. Am I wrong as a woman/wife if I have thinking about it?

Thanks,
XX

hi nin, i hope you get good help soon, as you still need your husband help for getting visa to england.

Nins72

Are you still on friendly terms with you (seperated) Husband?

Simon

rustygecko wrote:

"It doesn't make sense to me why he's sending monthly payments, without being required too,"

I see no complication. The husband cannot divorce her without consent before a 5 year separation. After only 2 years he needs the wife's consent.

You're wrong. I do understand, and her explanation above proves me right. And that's precisely what I'm talking about. The fact he's not doing anything about it, even though she wants it dealt with. Yet sending regular payments. Doesn't make sense.

Nins72 wrote:

"I see no complication. The husband cannot divorce her without consent before a 5 year separation. After only 2 years he needs the wife's consent."

I said long long time ago that I will give sign if he send me the divorce letter, but he didn't do it. Until I said that me who will do it from Indonesia if he didn't do it, I gave him time till the new year 2014. He said OK, but didn't do it. Then, I sent him the divorce documents from Indonesia that he need give sign, but he never sent it back to me neither talk about it. If I ask about it, he didn't answer it but about the lawyer. It was more than a year and he did nothing, neither his lawyer, though I've already put extra letter of agreement that I do not want anything from him and I do not asking any money for me after the divorce. But, it just go no where till now. So, what should I do??? And now, just the end of this academic year, I want go to London... I really want to go there to looking for a job and will not depend on him anymore. Am I wrong as a woman/wife if I have thinking about it?

Thanks,
XX

I don't know what you can do about it if he's ignoring the matter. Quite strange behaviour from someone who apparently cares about you. If he doesn't want the divorce, yet doesn't want you back I'm guessing, then what does he exactly want? You need to figure that out.

XB23 wrote:
rustygecko wrote:

You're wrong. I do understand, and her explanation above proves me right. And that's precisely what I'm talking about. The fact he's not doing anything about it, even though she wants it dealt with. Yet sending regular payments. Doesn't make sense.

Exactly

Hence my question are they still on friendly terms?