Employment visa verification by Embassy.

Dear Friends

Iam writing this query for my younger brother who is an experienced chartered accountant. On Feb 2015, he has been offered a job by an Omani construction company, Muscat as Internal auditor. He has forwarded all documents required for visa processing in time. The recruitment was done by a recruitment agency in Chennai, India.

We didn't receive his visa till date, My brother contacted the recruiter in Chennai. As per the recruiter, My brother's visa has been already processed and recruiter informed that copy of the visa is yet to be received.
Also told the visa is pending for verification with the embassy.

My query, Is there any process of verification of employment visa by embassy before issue the same to the candidate. Or the recruiter is simply misguiding us.

My brother is very upset due to this delay.
kindly I requests the experts here to clarify and help us.

Thanks and Regards

As far as my knowledge goes the only parties involved in visa issuance is the company and the ROP, and NO EMBASSY. Once the visa is issued, all the employer has to do is send the agent a copy and deposit it at the airport for your to fly.

Hi balu3291,

There is no such thing as what you have stated - verification of the employment visa by the embassy.

Ask the local recruiter to send you a copy of the employment visa once it is issued. If they don't then obviously something is awry.

The reason given by your local recruitment agency is totally incorrect and as far as I can see, they're trying to pull a fast one on you. Better watch out.

Dear Mr.Sumitran.
My younger brother who is an experienced chartered accountant is waiting for employment visa from a company in Oman for last 90 days. On inquiry with the local recruiter in Chennai, this time he explained a new reason for his visa delay. Recruiter explained that. 

" the said company has been allotted bulk number of visa for engineering job as well as Chartered accountant. From the allotted visa for engineers a set of candidates received visa in India and they traveled today to Muscat. Once they reach Muscat, then only next lot of visa from approved list will be released by the embassy. Hence my brothers visa is delayed"

As per the recruiter we shall receive the visa by one week, this statement he give us for last 60 days.

My query " is there anything specific process for bulk visa processing relates to construction companies in Oman and also is there any requirement that the candidates who received visa should arrive Muscat; then only further allotted visa will be released by the Authorities to the company for remaining candidates"

The said company is an excellent grade Omani Management Construction company.

Seeking your clarifications on this
Thanks & Regards.

Hi balu3291,

None of what the local recruiter in Chennai is saying makes any sense to me. I suspect him to be a fraud.

All the excuses given by him are are just cock and bull stories which these guys come up with, to con the many unsuspecting and gullible candidates.

For instance, there is absolutely no involvement of the local Indian Embassy here in Muscat regarding any of these recruitment drives.

The Indian Embassy neither verifies the credentials of the candidates, or of the companies, nor do they they get involved in the distribution of the employment visas in lots. Who is spinning all these fancy tales ?!?

To safeguard your personal interests, I would strongly suggest and recommend that you try and get in touch with the said company directly and seek clarifications.

Oftentimes, unscrupulous job consultants would take the anxious candidates for a royal ride and finally leave them in the lurch after pocketing some money. I do hope that you have not paid any monies to this consultant.

Be careful in all your dealings. Act with prudence. It is always better to be safe than be sorry.

Dear Mr Sumitran,
I heard today's news for ban in expat visa for certain proffesions.
My husband is currently working in Qatar nd was about to shift Oman within few days as an accountant.
His company's clearance is done and company has apply for his visa before few days.
So will be able to get visa now.
As according to new rule,we are very much tensed for this matter
Can u please guide us.
It will be a great help for us

Hi Komal soni,

Yes, as you are aware, a new 6-month ban has been imposed by the Ministry of Manpower on hiring expatriate workers across 87 different job roles.

Under the 'Accounts and Finance' header, there are 7 jobs listed.

You can refer to the full list in the published dailies, or online.

If your husband's position is one of those, then he would fall under the banned category - for 6-months at least.

However, it is better for your husband to verify the details with his prospective employer, since only they would be in the best position to respond to your query.

Thanks a lot Mr Sumatran,

We really appreciate for your valuable reply.
Hope so we get positive response

But our employer told that company do have clearance so no need to worry.

Dear Mr Sumitran

I am not sure whether we will get visa or not as company is saying that they do have clearance so no need to worry.
But whether is there any connection between clearance and visa ban
Please let us know what is correct picture.
We are worried for this matter.
Looking forward to hear from you soon
Thanking you...