New members of the Zambia forum, introduce yourself here

I am a Zambian, My name is Esther, currently working in the banking field, but would like to work in an NGO some day anywhere in the world. I have great passion for women empowerment and poverty reduction.

Hi, friends, lam new here on the forum, lam zambian based in lusaka, wanting connections with film makers, I write movie scripts,

hie. I am a zimbabwean mathematics and science. I am looking forward to move to zambia but dont know where to start

Hi,

Sharon and myself are anticipating to migrate to Zambia and hope you can help us finding employment.
We are interested to join up with the farmers from South Africa and Zimbabwe as we both love the outdoors and I have a lifelong dream of farming.

hai,everyone. Am chileshe katongo a female zambian citizen.i recently completed my Accounting technicians diploma at the national institute of public administration and am due for graduation this september.i am currently looking for employment in order for me to sponser myself and upgrade my studies.

My name is cryford nyereyemhuka from Zimbabwe. I'm a auto electrician specialized  in heavy and light  duty vehicles,earthmoving  machines wiring fault diagnosis and overhaul of units. Looking forward for  a job in Africa so that I can  sponsor myself in the field of automobile electrics. 

Moderated by Christine
Reason: please avoid your personal contacts on the forum

Hi,

Am a chartered accountant based in Zimbabwe and looking for opportunities in Zambia. Am currently working at one of the big 4 firms in Zimbabwe.

Hey what's up everyone. I'm from India. Just started with a logistics company in Zambia. Based in lusaka for now. Amazing weather I must say. And from what I kept hearing about Africa on the news. I had a perception of there being violence, crime and what not. There's nothing like that here. The weather is quite a relief after extreme temperatures from India. And the social scene is pretty decent. There are some really nice restaurants and cafes around the city. But don't know many people here. So people lets catch up. And Partay!!!! :cool:

Hello to all,

I am not an expat yet, though I lived in several countries, but am looking especially for information on Zambia.
We want to start a small call center company in Zambia, like we also have in Europe (The Netherlands) South American and Asien countries. We developed a technique to make it very easy to start locally with very little investment.
All we need is a house with good internet and people who want to work.

We looked for several countries in Africa to pilot this, but came to Zambia for its English speaking people, stabile environment and reletive low costs (we think... we are not sure).

Plan is to visit Zambia in July, and then get started. We are already looking for a house to rent, and already have contacts with several people in Zambia to find staff.

But many things we do not know yet (like how difficult it is to start a local company - the legal part), what are the best area's to live/work, how easy it will be to find staff (only condition; good English!), how much to pay them, etc.

So I will read the posts on this website carefully, will post questions, and hope that many people will react!
Comstructive commends will be highly appreciated.
I would also like to visit expats when I'm there to ask a lot of questions about daily life!

If we put this through (changes are high), I expect to be in Zambia every 2 months for 1 week. That's pretty close to being an expat for me, because I only travel around. 1/8 of my time in 1 country is about the maximum  :)

Hope to hear from you all soon!
Steve

Hello,
I am new to the forum but living in Mumbwa for 6months now, moving to Ndola.
I hope to meet some fellow Ndola expats.

:)

Hi My name is Melissa (from Johannesburg, South Africa) - we are considering a job offer for my husband to work in Lusaka.

My main concern is regarding Malaria and my 8 month old. Not sure how safe it will be.

Other than that I'd just like to know how Lusaka compares to Johannesburg in general.

Ooops,thanks lot,i have no project really but very much interested in zambia as its a very cool country,iam a hotelier by proffessionally or tourism oriented,i will be happy to settle there,i need to explore about the world and chance even my carrier to a better position,iam earger to learn new things in my future life,thanks for consideration.

Hi, Jeff here

not an expat but wanna be one
Regards

I'm new here and I'm a zambian lady.looking for employment and hoping to help anyone who needs help about zambia.you're free to ask anything/for anything and if I'm able to help will do so.

Hi Oscar,

I'm setting up a business in Lusaka (Beds and furniture manufacture & distribution) and have both accommodation and office premises but I'm finalising other aspects outside of the country before returning.

Let's meet in the next few weeks as I will only be returning in about two weeks' time. I can be reached at [email protected] as my local Zambian number is obviously not operative whilst out of the country.

Cheers,

G

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Off Topic

Hey Melissa
I haven't been to Joburg. I won't say lusaka is as developed as Joburg from what I hear. But it's ok. There are malls, cinemas, restaurants, cafes. You're covered on the food front. There not as many mosquitoes. If you don't live in the bush and if you spray often and close the windows before evening, you should be alright. It's not so bad. There's plenty of supermarkets shoprite, pick and pay, game. There are good schools. On the medical front I don't know how good the hospitals are. From what I hear if there is any complication like a heart surgery or something else major people fly to South Africa, India or elsewhere. But day to day things can be taken care of.

Hello Everyone,

Nice to see you sharing on the new members in Zambia forum.

Keep it up. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@SUSANNA3, i remind you that this thread is for the introduction of new members. If you are looking for a job, you may search in the jobs section of the website.

Thank you
Bhavna

Good afternoon everybody,  my name is Mike and we currently live in the UK,  we are looking to relocate to Lusaka. I am a qualified landscape designer and constructor, My wife is a primary  teacher and we have a 12 year old daughter.  Looking to make contacts in the area and discuss good places to live, employment oportunities and general living in Zambia.  We currently have friends in lusaka and we are back in a couple of months again. Look forward to hearing from you and making contacts 😊😊

Hello and welcome on board to all new members :par:

Please be reminded this thread is only for your presentation!

If you are seeking for work or have any other adverts, please refer to the proper section on the Overhead green banner.

For further assistance, or if you wish to share with us, please Create a New Thread.

Kenjee

My name is Godfrey Banda with more than 10 years experience in establishing and managing business operations. I am now in Lusaka Zambia with the University of Zambia. I held Regional Manager and Branch Manager positions in companies operating in highly competitive markets.

Hi my name is Jim Kafuti. I was born and bred in Zambia. I hold an MBA in Accounting. I am looking for a job in Accounting. I have more than 10 years experience, working in Accounting and lecturing.

Skills
Management of budgets
Financial Reporting
Organisational needs assessment
Receipts and Payments
Monthly close up of Financial Statements
Outstanding Balance sheet items
Management reports on receivables and payables
Financial Accounting Lecturing
Management Lecturing
Workshop Facilitation
Peer Education and Peer Counselling
Bank reconciliation

An experienced Accountant with more than 10 years experience in Financial Reporting, Budget Management and Teaching. Strong Accounting and Management skills with thorough knowledge in Statistical Processes.

@ Jika1980 >

kenjee wrote:

Hello and welcome on board to all new members :par:

Please be reminded this thread is only for your presentation!

If you are seeking for work or have any other adverts, please refer to the proper section on the Overhead green banner.

For further assistance, or if you wish to share with us, please Create a New Thread.

Kenjee

Hey Melissa,

There is everything you want and more in Johannesburg so do not wporry. It's on par with cities like Singapore, Sydney, Chicago and more.

The suburban hobs and nodes that are made up of malls, shopping centres and retail outlets offer you all the amenities and medical requirements you will also need. The city transportation systems are not so good and taxi or Uber are easy to find and use, but pricey. Most African people use South African medical services as they are good and on par with most other European services but at the private medical institutions. The government medical services are really poor.

Drop me a line if you so wish for more info.

Cheers,

Greg

My name is Maureen.  A zambian living in lusaka. Acquired a BA Social Work at thr University of Namibia and have 5years work experience with the Namibian government. I recently moved back to Zambia and in need of employment. Will appreciate if I can br informed about job vacancies around the country and beyond border.

Go to gozambiajobs.com I am pretty sure it is a good starting point.

Hi all my fellow Zambians...
I am married to an American living in Florida,been here for 4 years now.
How do we all get to meet each other in Florida????

Hello! I'm Chileshe Chanda, currently staying in kitwe,I hold a graduate diploma in community development, from Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation, in kitwe. I'm single and currently searching for employment.

Hai everyone, am daniel chanda a diploma holder in social work obtained at Evelyn Hone College in Lusaka. Am looking for employment as a social worker within or outside Lusaka because am currently living in lusaka.

Am peter Banda aged 21,a fully baked zambian.
Am a diploma holder in maritime management. Certificate holder in computers and a diploma holder in clearing and forwarding.
Thanks.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495062

Thanks!

Closed