MY 2 DOGS

IM MOVING TO PHNOM PENH,SOONWITH MY 2 DOGS, SCOOBY,47 KILOS AND ABBY 42 KILOS, WE  WILL BUY MAYBE A CONDOMINIUM AND FLAT,ARE WE ALLOWED DOGS THERE. ALSO ARE WE BEING UNKIND TRYING TO BRING THEM HERE , BETTER TO TRY AND FIND THEM AGOOD HOME HERE IN AUSTRALIA , WHERE THERES PLENTY PARKS AND SPACE FOR DOGS.  PLEASE ADVICEWAT THINK ID BEST FOR OUR DOGS FUTURE , THANK U

I understand how hard it is to separate from your pets.  With having lived in PP for 3 years I can say that there is not many places for your dogs to play in.  Meaning there is not much green space here.  The traffic is wild so its not safe if your dogs like to roam freely or if they go on the loose.  Some owners if not most will allow you to have your pets probably at an extra charge.  If you plan on working here and will be busy that it will probably be sad for your pets to be in doors at all times.

Hello glendave,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Please avoid using Caps lock when posting on the forum!

Thanks & Regards

Mishna

we are retired, so dont need to work,im thinking to  to rent ahouse in the provence somewhere,  that allows dogs.(are there   many to chose from)so we can have some where for our 2 big dogs.47kilos and 42kilos my dogs are well trained  .for getting around, are u allowed to take them on buses, or taxi,if u pay the extra?  or i will need to buy a car, as i did not want to drive anymore. we are still living   in Australia, and have to bring them over , is there much problems bringing them into the country, customs ,ect  thankyou

we are retired, so dont need to work,im thinking to  to rent ahouse in the provence somewhere,  that allows dogs.(are there   many to chose from)so we can have some where for our 2 big dogs,  47kilos and 42 kilos . my dogs are well trained     .for getting around, are u allowed to take them on buses, or taxi,if u pay the extra?  or i will need to buy a car, as i did not want to drive anymore. we are still living   in Australia, and have to bring them over , is there much problems bringing them into the country, customs ,ect  thankyou

If you're talking about traveling outside of Phnom Penh, most private rented taxis are fine with a dog, as long as it's clean! I haven't often seen dogs on buses here though. For getting around town, the mighty tuk tuk is a great doggie transporter.

Agrovet is great for inoculations, deworming and general vet services. There are a few 'pet resorts' where your dogs can stay if you go away for the weekend or take a trip back to Oz.

The biggest issue is where to exercise the dogs - the status of the 'parks' as areas for dog walking seems to be under discussion and they would need to be on a leash, as the 'parks' are generally just large grassy central reservations in the middle of roads.