Morrocco stay

Hi..My name is Evelyn .a filipina woman but lived in U.S. more than 30 years...recently meet this Moroccan man in Morocco...I wanted to move there for at least until I get to know him  ...better plus learn there darija and him learning English...how you get to stay there more than one month? By the way ..I just came from there for one month ...April 23 to May 23...

Hello belen buban.

For Europeans, and Americans, a visa of 3 months is normally given at the (air)port of entry. Is this different for Philippine passport holders? In any case, I already answered you on the other thread, but in case you didn't see the message, I'll post it here too:--

Forget about it.

Don't marry this person. You already see all these complications with the previous girlfriend suing him and so on, but you say that you want to carry on. That's not a sensible position. Nor is marrying someone that you just met on FaceBook. It's a recipe for disaster.

And the family will be fabulous towards you, that's normal, they see a wonderful opportunity for their son and, by extension, them. This philandering man will dump you the second he has a residence permit or nationality in the States.

Thanks for the quick response...I felt like  waking up  in my nightmare...it is that facts given from my reviewing  our conversation history...reality  hit me...this is not an excuses ..but benefactor of being  lures to believing someone can love  me....truly..I lost a son.which I cannot accept and move on ...then hit me again the next year..my only brother  I took care of him when my mother have rheumatoid for years...after we buried my brother 5 days later my mother died of broken heart knowing her only son and the youngest one passed away...3 years in a row...loves ones taken away from me...My world went upside down ....
         By  my own survival instinct...since My body developed an Anaphylactic  9 times I was hospitalized....my  chemistry re-act to any  kinds of  chemicals  that  are  like a lighting a match in my system once inter in my bloodstream...for example...ointment  based petrolium products..it is explain to me that I have so much stress  my body is  ignite due to the acids  I produced..called  stress hormones...I have to counteract with enorphins happy hormones....so I start dating...seems works...evendo I know its a only placebo effects...I believe I am strong enough now to takes all negatives in my life  since  it is poison...and garbages ....if cannot contributes positively  then  out....I dont need a pity party....I need to be educated,understanding,acceptance with no discrimination....thank you so much....Peace to  all mankind...amen.

belen buban

Hello again. I am so sorry to hear of the tragedies that have befallen you and your nearest and dearest. But, please, please, please, the answer is not in a relationship with a man you met online who is being sued by his ex and who might marry her. You would only find more heartbreak and tragedy that way. Even though you have subsequently met him and his family, this means nothing. They will be very nice to you simply to keep the relationship going. But this man is clearly poison, from what you have said here and on the other thread. He has not maintained his child and is being sued, he is having a relationship with you but he may marry the other woman, he is a worthless person taking advantage of you in your desperation.

Please stay strong. He will not give up easily and will send you many emails and SMS text messages. Keep away from him.

Hi all,

We created a new topic on the Morocco forum for info.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

hello there sis
dont listen to anybody what they says listen to your heart and believe on your self ihave married philippina 3years ago im moroccan and we are living happy we have son and we have business moving good have good life together and im loving her alot and she also the same philipina its awesome wife caring wife lover wife ilove philippines and philipina awesome ppl and too much respectful ppl anyway god luck for you and dont be sad if u fight both sometimes cos couple in the world can have fight sometimes but the good couple whom know how to be calm ...ilove my wife and she loves me also and we have awesome child golden boy hari  god luck for you hope hear from you soon

Please don't give such advice. Tailor your advice to the particular case. If she followed what you said, she would be heading for catastrophe. "Follow your heart" indeed! I'm glad she took my advice and dumped this nasty, philandering man.

The man she met online was already, she has discovered, in a relationship with another woman and he might even marry that woman. She also found out that this man is being sued for failure to pay maintenance to his child.

Clearly he sees the OP as a way out of his mess and out of the country.

In general, it is a very bad idea to marry people one doesn't know and whom one has only met on Skype and/or FB, whether they are from the developing world or not. It's far worse marrying someone from the third world in this way as there are so many people trying to escape conditions of poverty and unemployment that they are desperate and will do anything to trap a foreigner. This is why the statistics of successful marriages between 1st and 3rd world partners are so dire; the developing world partner ups and leaves as soon as he gets residence or nationality in the West.

you are right but not all ppl its nice and kind and not all its bad...

My name is Mohammed and I am medical professional by practise
I would like to say something if you don't mind
Majority of the females who get married to Moroccon men are deceived and cheated
Ones they recieved there citizen ship in the uk
Or Usa .. There are thousand of cases in regard to this .. I have patients who never recover from this ordeal !!
  Please take care and think before you encourage others

powerhouse1974 wrote:

Majority of the females who get married to Moroccon men are deceived and cheated
Or Usa .. There are thousand of cases in regard to this .. I have patients who never recover from this ordeal !!

Thank you Mohammed. What you say is absolutely correct. It is a vast majority of marriages between people from the developing world and 1st world citizens that fail, usually because the 3rd world partner was simply seeking money and a visa.

I find it hard, though, to reconcile your views with your requests on the board to find digs in Marrakech. You cannot possibly be thinking of marrying a Moroccan yourself, can you?

Hhhhh nooooo
Not marrying no one lol

SvenStockholm wrote:
powerhouse1974 wrote:

Thank you Mohammed. What you say is absolutely correct. It is a vast majority of marriages between people from the developing world and 1st world citizens that fail, usually because the 3rd world partner was simply seeking money and a visa.

I find it hard, though, to reconcile your views with your requests on the board to find digs in Marrakech. You cannot possibly be thinking of marrying a Moroccan yourself, can you?

There is plane-full of people regularly travelling there for a "good-time". It's a well known- ahem-destination. Not saying anyone here is, but that's one of the reasons of a short-stay, not always because of marriage.. fortunately!

Well.. bad and good people are everywhere ! by their hearts not their nationalities.

emy87 wrote:

Well.. bad and good people are everywhere ! by their hearts not their nationalities.

Well actually nationality matters. Certain nationalities have a well-deserved reputation, due to a significant number of them more prone to certain activities than other nationalities. Which is why we judge based on nationality.

If you got the same e-mail offer from a Canadian for example, and a Nigerian, which one would you trust? Most likely you will decide simply based on nothing else but nationality, even though the Nigerian one could be genuine.

XB23 wrote:
emy87 wrote:

Well actually nationality matters. Certain nationalities have a well-deserved reputation, due to a significant number of them more prone to certain activities than other nationalities. Which is why we judge based on nationality.

If you got the same e-mail offer from a Canadian for example, and a Nigerian, which one would you trust? Most likely you will decide simply based on nothing else but nationality, even though the Nigerian one could be genuine.

That's a really good analogy.

Just try to be smart enough and use your brain.. good luck everybody :)

How can i know that there is an answer to my post ? I found it by coincidence !  Please let me know, I wish I will see your reply

emy87 wrote:

Just try to be smart enough and use your brain.. good luck everybody :)

Some people seem to lose their brains when they travel to North African countries. Some of the things they get up to while there is clear evidence of it. Is their a policy to leave your brain at the airport when you arrive?  That must be the case, judging from the many threads I came across, where someone asks how to get married to someone they've recently met at the beach, online, or somewhere! Shame they don't pick up their brains on the way back, otherwise we wouldn't be coming across such questions. I call it sihr. It works!

You need to have some bad experiences in your life so you will use your brain more than your heart in such situation.. mature people take their time to make such decision.. You will never get the right answer on a forum because everybody has his own opinion linked to his own experience "good or bad one"..! Smart it means you will not make the same mistake twice ;) No body is perfect.
Sihr ? I don't believe on that

No you don't need a bad experience to learn to use your brain. You just need eyes & the following:

- Access to any device with internet.
- Know how to open a web-browser and type google.com.
- Search about what you're intending to do. Click on the various forums/blogs on the results page.
- Read & take note of people's experience, especially the negative ones.
- Thank the almighty Lord you have been saved.

emy87 wrote:

How can i know that there is an answer to my post ? I found it by coincidence !  Please let me know, I wish I will see your reply

Trough your email

XB23 wrote:
emy87 wrote:

Don't trust them both...

Both offers could be genuine, or even the Canadian one being the fake, yet the Nigerian one would be automatically dismissed as a scam without a second thought. So the point is nationality does matter, and people (as well as organisations) take it into account when making decisions, as certain nationalities (I rather not mention them, lest I get banned for "racism") are more likely to be involved in certain activities (marriage fraud, credit card fraud etc).

Thank you :)

But you never learn from other's experiences !

emy87 wrote:

But you never learn from other's experiences !

Of course you learn from other people's experience. That's why many of us are here to learn from expats who made the move. Most of the things you learnt not to do in life, wasn't due to experiencing it yourself, but seeing others experience it, or reading about it, and not repeating their mistake. I've came across so much advice on this forum, that without it, I probably would do a lot of mistakes while there. That's why I visit this site. I don't want to learn the hard way.

I see brother.. for me I like to do the wrong choice in order to know the difference I don't like that others show me the way even my parents ! it's question of personality or character I think.. Anyway good luck

I'm sure you didn't burn yourself or experience electric shocks, to learn it's best to keep yourself away from those things, because you learnt from a very young age from your parents to keep away from them, or would you of preferred to burn yourself, and get an electric shock to learn not to touch such stuff. I'm not saying to take every advice that comes your way, but it can save you a lot of time, money, and potentially your health. So why would you want to risk it. Why would you want to lose money, your time, or effect your health, to learn not to do something. It's not wise.

"It's said that a wise person learns from his mistakes. A wiser one learns from others' mistakes."

I prefer to be wise and not wiser lol anyway.. life is for living and there is no joy without the risk

Lol. So when things don't work out after taking a risk, how long will the joy of taking that risk last? It would quickly turn to sadness & regret! Not worth the temporary feelings of joy you get when taking the risk. I used to be a cyclist. I enjoyed the risk of cycling in London (anyone here would tell you how awful it is for cyclists with the type of drivers we have). Then I realized I might one day regret it for a long time (injury or fatality), so stopped. I agree life is for living. Which means minimizing the risks, otherwise you won't be living for very long!

Hi again,

Well I never regret my choices, I learn for that.. If I have have to die.. I will !!
Believe me life is good with bad and good experiences, good and bad choices.. bad and good people. You learn anyway.
My brother is a cyclist too and he is still enjoying the risk in Germany and here in Morocco in his vacation + the surf ;)

Regards,

I agree. Which is why I don't mind risks that involve my money or time (but not my life!). As you can learn from it, and not repeat the mistake again. And believe me, I've taken many risks, and most of them failed miserably! I lost a lot of money over the last 10 years, investing in all sorts of things that didn't work out, but I don't care one bit, as I learnt a lot, and now making up for the mistakes, which I couldn't do if I didn't have so many bad experiences. But a dead person can't learn not to cycle again! So what is there to learn from the risk of cycling? When something bad happens, what do you learn? It will be too late to learn anything.  There will only be regret. I'm pretty sure if you got the news something happened to your brother, you will wish he never cycled! You're not going to think - "ah, well at least he enjoyed it didn't he!". - "If I have have to die.. I will !" That's a bit selfish. Your family would have to put up with the loss. Which is one of the reasons I stopped. My mother won't be able to cope. Not fair to do something reckless that can potentially put her in a bad state, just because I enjoy it. So you have to think about others too. If you don't care about the consequences of your actions, they surely do, or at least I hope so!

You are right in a way or another..
Well, everybody has his own vision and his life style..
I don't mind if i loose money because I make this money again and I can loose time because time is here to loose it doing something, something that you like something makes you happy.. Who cares always about learning ! Life is passion life is happiness and joy, smile forget the past and start over again since you are still alive :)
Am sure you had a very very experience and am sorry for our last but I don't like to see people spending all the time thinking about bad things happened in the past.. I had my very bad experiences too you will cry if you hear some, so what ?! I have good ones too and am ready to get both again :)

So sorry for your impediments. Your first learning for the moment if a good therapist didn't already recommended to you: You are not ready for a relationship. For the moment, your want and need are to deal with your grief, your loss; and you may be confused in wanting to address these needs in being in a relationship.

Wish you the best,

maco14

Hello everyone,  :)

Just a reminder, please drop the username of the member to whom your post is intended to in your reply.

There are so many members and reactions on this thread. This will help in not creating any confusion.

Thank you in advance,
Bhavna